Heels Thread

O'sHeelsFan

Bobby Frasor tears his ACL...Done for year.

That hurts.

It hurts depth wise, but as long as Lawson stays healthy, we will be fine. Frasor's jumper has never been as good as advertised when he came to Carolina, and that is more what we needed out of him. We should be OK w/ Quentin Thomas backing up, as long as we can keep his playing time to a minimum.

Feel bad for Bobby though, his career has really gone in the tank starting w/ that foot injury his Sophomore year. And it is probably too late to redshirt this year, isn't it?

It hurts depth wise' date=' but as long as Lawson stays healthy, we will be fine. Frasor's jumper has never been as good as advertised when he came to Carolina, and that is more what we needed out of him. We should be OK w/ Quentin Thomas backing up, as long as we can keep his playing time to a minimum.

Feel bad for Bobby though, his career has really gone in the tank starting w/ that foot injury his Sophomore year. And it is probably too late to redshirt this year, isn't it?[/quote']

He can still apply for a medical redshirt, and the NCAA will probably allow it.

"To receive a medical hardship waiver - in any sport - the injury must limit the student-athlete’s participation to no more than 20 percent of the team’s contests (rounded to the next whole number), with all participation occurring in the first half of the season."

He can still apply for a medical redshirt, and the NCAA will probably allow it.

"To receive a medical hardship waiver - in any sport - the injury must limit the student-athlete’s participation to no more than 20 percent of the team’s contests (rounded to the next whole number), with all participation occurring in the first half of the season."

I guess he can appeal for it, but they have already played 12 games now - that is close to 1/3 of the schedule, way more than 20%. Should be interesting to see what the NCAA does in this case. At least he has the first half of the season part in his favor.

Last year would have been the year to redshirt, but Roy felt he needed Bobby for depth at the guard positions, if I recall correctly.

I guess he can appeal for it' date=' but they have already played 12 games now - that is close to 1/3 of the schedule, way more than 20%. Should be interesting to see what the NCAA does in this case. At least he has the first half of the season part in his favor.

Last year would have been the year to redshirt, but Roy felt he needed Bobby for depth at the guard positions, if I recall correctly.[/quote']

You mean they don't play a 96 game schedule...:002_ssuprised:

LOL

Ridiculously good game tonight in Clemson which we pulled out in OT after being down by 5 with under a minute to go in regulation. Both teams were great, and I'm even more impressed with Clemson than I was before the season. I picked them second in the ACC and some called me crazy, I feel even more confident after seeing them come so close to knocking off Carolina. Great game, great win for the Heels.

Ridiculously good game tonight in Clemson which we pulled out in OT after being down by 5 with under a minute to go in regulation. Both teams were great, and I'm even more impressed with Clemson than I was before the season. I picked them second in the ACC and some called me crazy, I feel even more confident after seeing them come so close to knocking off Carolina. Great game, great win for the Heels.

The more of that game I watched, the less I could tolerate Clemson. Their big men seemed overly arrogant, and they were driving me nuts. I was glad to see the Heels cut their legs out frmo under them with that 3. I don't normally dislike Clemson, but it was nice to see them lose that one.

Clemson won't finish second unless they can learn to start hitting free throws. That was a terrible performance down the stretch from them at the line, and it really kept Carolina in the game. That being said, HUGE shot by Ellington, HUGE game by Ellington! I don't think many teams are going to be able to put those kinds of multiple bodies on Tyler, but its nice to know that if they do, Wayne will be there to shoot the lights out!

I too was impressed by Clemson, other than the FT shooting. I knew it would be a tough game, but it wound up being even tougher than I thought. Great win, and a thoroughly enjoyable game to watch. Made me feel a little better after watching the Skins lose in Seattle on Saturday.