Heels Thread

O'sHeelsFan

They are an explosive team and have had good success in the tourney(elite eight appearances) the last few years but I agree...I don't think they are a true #1.

They have had some good OOC wins though.

Part of the reason I hesitate is because they are about to spend the next few months playing cupcakes instead of a tough conference schedule. This may or may not soften them up but you gotta think that it can't be good for them to win all their conference games by an average of 10+.

Part of the reason I hesitate is because they are about to spend the next few months playing cupcakes instead of a tough conference schedule. This may or may not soften them up but you gotta think that it can't be good for them to win all their conference games by an average of 10+.

Houston, UTEP, and UAB aren't awful, but they won't hang with Memphis. Calipari paid too much for those players to lose to anyone in C-USA.

I'm here now as well. Very disappointed in the effort by the fellas tonite. Pathetic, really. I don't think anyone showed up, on either end of the floor. Kudos to MD though, huge huge win for them, they have a chance to salvage their season if they can build off of this.

And Clemson? I don't think I've ever seen a worse FT shooting team. Not the reason they lost tonite, but it is the reason they lost to NC. Pathetic!

I'm here now as well. Very disappointed in the effort by the fellas tonite. Pathetic' date=' really. I don't think anyone showed up, on either end of the floor. Kudos to MD though, huge huge win for them, they have a chance to salvage their season if they can build off of this.

And Clemson? I don't think I've ever seen a worse FT shooting team. Not the reason they lost tonite, but it is the reason they lost to NC. Pathetic![/quote']

In the big picture, it's one loss, no big deal. I certainly didn't expect to go undefeated. Personally I'd rather lose to Maryland than anyone else. I root for the Terps every game except two each year.

I am a bit concerned with the interior defense though. We did make Boom Osby look like Tim Duncan this afternoon. Hopefully Ol' Roy will have them working on things before the Miami game.

Cincy made the Final Four in 1992, with Nick Van Exel. Good call.

In the big picture, it's one loss, no big deal. I certainly didn't expect to go undefeated. Personally I'd rather lose to Maryland than anyone else. I root for the Terps every game except two each year.

I am a bit concerned with the interior defense though. We did make Boom Osby look like Tim Duncan this afternoon. Hopefully Ol' Roy will have them working on things before the Miami game.

Cincy made the Final Four in 1992, with Nick Van Exel. Good call.

100% agree with all of this. Cincy w/ Van Exel also made it to the Elite 8 in 1993, before losing to.....Carolina!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, tomorrow night will be a good one, Duke v. NC State and Carolina v. BC. Both teams need to build (or maintain, in Duke's case) momentum going into next weeks matchup!

both games on the ESPN family of networks, NC at 7 and Duke at 9. A good night of ball, although I anticipate relatively easy wins for both home teams (NC and Duke both at home).

Can't wait for 2/6/08!

Well' date=' tomorrow night will be a good one, Duke v. NC State and Carolina v. BC. Both teams need to build (or maintain, in Duke's case) momentum going into next weeks matchup!

both games on the ESPN family of networks, NC at 7 and Duke at 9. A good night of ball, although I anticipate relatively easy wins for both home teams (NC and Duke both at home).

[b']Can't wait for 2/6/08![/[/b]QUOTE]

Can't wait. Should be a great one.

Really happy with the effort tonight against BC. The team played great defense, which has been lacking of late. We'll see if it carries over, but a great job tonight.

I agree, probably their best ACC game so far (I'm not counting NC State because the Pack was so bad that day, it shouldn't count!) Glad to see Deon Thompson stepping up.

Well, Duke handles NC State...Outscores them by 29 in the second half.

Both Duke and UNC have tough road games in the state of Florida this weekend to set up their meeting. Next weeks meeting should be a 2 vs 3 matchup.

Yeah, 2v3, I had predicted 1v2 and came up just short thanks to Memphis.

The first 8 minutes of that second half were impressive, went from down 9 to up 8 very quickly. Paulus was on fire. Clearly K had the right things to say at the half! (plus those unlucky green shirts were out of the picture :rolleyes: )