Heels Thread

O'sHeelsFan

One more thought' date=' or question for SG - I am hearing a lot of talk that K is running a more agressive style of offense and overall game thanks to his new relationship with Mike Dantoni on the US National Team. Do you agree with this, or do you think it has more to do w/ the athleticism of his current roster?[/quote']

I think it is both....K has said he took some from Dantoni and he took some from Boeheim and the matchup zone defense.

I think K likes the Dantoni style but he also recognizes that he has a great team for it...A bunch of athletic guys who are in great shape and almost everyone can shoot.

But, with that they have size issues which is why the zone will become important later on, especially against UNC.

http://media.www.dailyvidette.com/media/storage/paper420/news/2003/12/03/Sports/Duke-Ready.To.Play.Msu-570124.shtml

Very wrong...BTW, i believe they won this game by more than 20 as well.

They also played at Indiana a few years ago.

Ever year they are in a preseason tourney which is obvious on a neutral court and they play a big time team in MSG, like they will Pitt this year.

They usually also play Temple, Michigan(they have play in Michigan as well) and St Johns as well....They are not always played on the home courts of those teams but do you really think K is afraid to go into those arenas? I remember hearing a stat a year or 2 ago that only MD had a better home winning % than Duke had a road winning % in the conference...Going on the road is not some big deal to Duke.

They are probably the #1 draw in the sport and teams like to take advantage of that..Besides, MSG is like a second home for St Johns.

Ok, i do remember them playing MSU at the palace, but I guess that was a different year. They play Temple in Philly, but I don't think at their building. Michigan, yes. I wonder why they have no problem going there.

I don't think K is "scared" per se, but it is easier not to face the hostility of an on campus arena. But even a die hard Duke fan can't deny that's they are one of the few teams that doesn't play road games non conference.

Ok, i do remember them playing MSU at the palace, but I guess that was a different year. They play Temple in Philly, but I don't think at their building. Michigan, yes. I wonder why they have no problem going there.

I don't think K is "scared" per se, but it is easier not to face the hostility of an on campus arena. But even a die hard Duke fan can't deny that's they are one of the few teams that doesn't play road games non conference.

It really doesn't matter to me...As i said, they have been a better conference road team that your Heels have been a conference home team over the past 7-10 years.

Bottom line is, come tourney time, you play everything on neutral courts.

It really doesn't matter to me...As i said, they have been a better conference road team that your Heels have been a conference home team over the past 7-10 years.

Bottom line is, come tourney time, you play everything on neutral courts.

Very true, but I really like the fact that the Heels are playing all of these road games in December. By the way, how bad is Maryland? I had thought it would be a down year for them, but wow, losing at home to Ohio. They'll be ok in a few months, but no ACC team should ever lose at home to Ohio.

You're the best, man, truly the best. No worries, I think the Terps will be ok soon. They just need more time on the floor together.

Thanks, I needed a little humor after that debacle.

I agree with you, though. The Terps show some spurts of playing really, really good basketball. They're just not doing it consistently enough. The young guys look OK, but if we're going to salvage this season Gist has to step it up every game, and I haven't seen that he's capable of doing that.

Very true, but I really like the fact that the Heels are playing all of these road games in December. By the way, how bad is Maryland? I had thought it would be a down year for them, but wow, losing at home to Ohio. They'll be ok in a few months, but no ACC team should ever lose at home to Ohio.

Good lord...I forgot they played tonight...They lost that game?

Wow, that is incredible.

Wow things are a little ugly in Terp land. But Gary seems to always be able to pull things together for the ACC. I think Gist is vastly overrated, and has been for along time. Where are the post up moves from this guy? Athleticism is great, but Maryland needs a real post player, among other things.

Thanks, I needed a little humor after that debacle.

I agree with you, though. The Terps show some spurts of playing really, really good basketball. They're just not doing it consistently enough. The young guys look OK, but if we're going to salvage this season Gist has to step it up every game, and I haven't seen that he's capable of doing that.

Look on the bright side, doesn't that new post season tournament start this year (or is it next)?? Maybe the Terps can be the inaugural champs :D

I kid, I kid, not looking to make any enemies here :o

Very nice effort AT Rutgers tonight. Dominated from start to finish, and if not for Tyler getting hurt at the end, it would have been a perfect way to end the road stretch. He's fine, and Fred Hill apologized to Coach Williams after the game (even though it was a clean play Gerald Henderson fans), but seeng him laying there for 3 minutes wasn't good for my heart.

Very nice effort AT Rutgers tonight. Dominated from start to finish, and if not for Tyler getting hurt at the end, it would have been a perfect way to end the road stretch. He's fine, and Fred Hill apologized to Coach Williams after the game (even though it was a clean play Gerald Henderson fans), but seeng him laying there for 3 minutes wasn't good for my heart.

Dang it, I completely forgot when I opened this thread that I had Tivo'd the game and was going to watch it, and that reading here might be dangerous for that. Oh well, not your fault Beaner, my dumb mistake. Anyways, I'd rather have not suffered through seeing Psycho T go down, glad to know he is OK. I figured they won, probably watch a bit of it anyway since the next couple aren't on TV (well, I think they are on ESPNU, but I don't get that). Just a couple more warmups before the real season starts!

BTW I had to watch my Skins instead of the Heels last night (hence the TIVO action. Still alive for the playoffs, baby!

PS Was that another road game against a major conference foe? In their actual arena? I thought so.....:P

Dang it' date=' I completely forgot when I opened this thread that I had Tivo'd the game and was going to watch it, and that reading here might be dangerous for that. Oh well, not your fault Beaner, my dumb mistake. Anyways, I'd rather have not suffered through seeing Psycho T go down, glad to know he is OK. I figured they won, probably watch a bit of it anyway since the next couple aren't on TV (well, I think they are on ESPNU, but I don't get that). Just a couple more warmups before the real season starts!

BTW I had to watch my Skins instead of the Heels last night (hence the TIVO action. Still alive for the playoffs, baby!

PS Was that another road game against a major conference foe? In their actual arena? I thought so.....:P[/quote']

Sorry man, watch some anyway, Green really looked good again. T has a mild concussion and may miss the Nicholls State game Wednesday. As long as he's ok for ACC play like you said.

Yea, another road game in someone else's gym, our 4th straight. Crazy, huh?

Sorry man, watch some anyway, Green really looked good again. T has a mild concussion and may miss the Nicholls State game Wednesday. As long as he's ok for ACC play like you said.

Yea, another road game in someone else's gym, our 4th straight. Crazy, huh? And get this, Roy Williams actually gave the halftime interview, he didn't make one his assistants do it. Unreal!

To be fair, Roy Williams can also be rather brusque with the media (apparently he has a bit of a reputation for that among the DP reporters). Apparently, he called out one of our reporters for pronouncing Tyler's last name "Hansb-o-rough" instead of "Hans-brough."