Zach Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have a chance for a sweep of the MFY's and Zach cant even come out and get thru 1 inning w/o giving up runs.

Cant any of these pitchers start a game well?

Enough to drive you nuts!

Most people will just say "2 out of 3 aren't bad".. No! We have been playing like junk and the MFY's are hurting, you take advantage. I would sent Britton down and let them all rot in AAA.

Britton looks absolutely terrible. This might be the worst performance by our pitchers this year. Just really, really bad.

Just absolutely fires me up. Gonzalez looks good and is probably one of my favorite Orioles just based on his underdog story, but come on. Are we really counting on him? We fail to make ANY trade when we knew we had 4 arms that were shaky at best.

Clearly 2 things: we need another arm or two and the pitching coach is not doing the job!

I really didn't like the idea of Blanton, but he would be able to make it 5 regardless and if you looked at this recent track record he had been doing just that. Again, I don't think Blanton would have answered our issues but doubt he would of cost anything but money.

Why keep trying these same arms, over and over, with the same result. Clearly we need to try something else.

Britton looks absolutely terrible. This might be the worst performance by our pitchers this year. Just really, really bad.

In fairness I can't see the game today, but it's difficult for me to envision a starter looking worse than Matusz did when we were going for the sweep against Boston in Fenway. Good to see our young pitchers show some killer instinct.

In fairness I can't see the game today, but it's difficult for me to envision a starter looking worse than Matusz did when we were going for the sweep against Boston in Fenway. Good to see our young pitchers show some killer instinct.

Britton's line:

80 pitches

Only 44 for strikes.

He walked 3. Came close to probably walking 5, but got bailed out because the hitters were very aggressive. 7 hits. A home run. Only 2 2/3 innings.

His ERA on the year is now 7.36, and he's still responsible for the 2 runners left on base.

He looked really, really, really bad. No location whatsoever.

Dan Duquette thinks that Hammel returning will be a bigger boost than anyone he could have traded for. Now, the question of course is how to continue to cobble this together until he returns. Zach never convinced the Orioles that he was eady for the majors again. It was just a matter of need.

Archived