Nice to have a laugher for once

Frobby

4 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I know what the scoreboard said, but that didn't feel like a laugher until the ninth inning -- if then.

I agree with you.   I'm not sure any  game feels like a laugher considering the leads we've blown this year.    

o

I was smiling after Givens got out of the jam that Gausman had created in the 6th, I started giggling when Givens got a 1-2-3 inning in the 7th, and I was laughing after Chris Davis hit the 2-run home run in the bottom of the 7th until the end of the game.

Yes, the Yankees came back from being down by a score of 9-1 earlier in the season, but that was a gradual comeback that started earlier in the game, and the Yankees had closed the gap to 3 runs by the end of the 7th inning (unlike last night's game in which the Orioles increased their lead in the latter innings, as opposed to the Yankees continually chipping away at it.)  Last night, Givens put out Gausman's fire and made the victory probably with the 5 outs that he recorded in the 6th and 7th innings, and Davis' home run was the dagger that made me feel secure in an Orioles victory

o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...