BALTIMORE ORIOLES OO - 11

NEW YORK YANKEES OOO) - ;3

2 laughers, 4 days apart.

OOOOOOO (6/16/15)

BALTIMORE ORIOLES OOOOOOO - 19

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES O; - ;3

Edited by OFFNY

• 1 month later...
I am not too crazy about laughers. I was most happy about seeing runs scored without the long ball. I do like those two run singles. Hope they saved some hits for tomorrow.

I like that they could basically reset their bullpen after the short start and extras on Friday. They should be in good shape for this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not too crazy about laughers. I was most happy about seeing runs scored without the long ball. I do like those two run singles. Hope they saved some hits for tomorrow.

I prefer an exciting pitcher's duel too. But like the OP said, it is nice to have a laugher once in a while. Knew we would win like the 4th inning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Just wondering how Ubaldo did? Glad the O's won.

From Roch:

Ubaldo Jimenez carried a one-hit shutout into the sixth and couldn’t record another out, surrendering a two-run double to Xander Bogaerts and a three-run homer to David Ortiz that erased a 4-0 lead.

“Ubaldo was as good as you’ve seen him for five innings and that’s how quickly they can do it, and they’ve been doing it to just about everybody lately,” Showalter said.

“Got some pitches up. I know he threw a first pitch to Mookie Betts that was right down the middle center cut for a ball and then I think he probably struck out (Christian) Vazquez, but he couldn’t quite get the call. Some borderline pitches. But he had a good rhythm.

They are never laughers unless position players pitch.

So that would mean that the 2012 game in which the Orioles beat the Red Sox by a score of 9-6 was a laugher because both teams' had position players pitching, and games such as last year's 18-7 win over Red Sox was not a laugher because the Red Sox did not use any position players to pitch.

If your comment was tongue-in-cheek, OK, but if it wasn't, then I couldn't disagree more.