vs. ATHLETICS 7/27

OFFNY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go knock on the next door neighbor's door. Really, It will do you some good. The cops will probably understand.

Of course, a guy from CROFTON, was going all SWAT team loony with his "Guns don't kill people, I do shirt" So no. Don't go next door.

I'm in Queens, not Balto. If it were the Mets who had just blown it, maybe.

He is a good manager who made a moronic move because he got greedy. He has gotten more greedy as the season has gone on like trying to get three innings from Ayala on Sunday.

But that greed has some logic. Like trying to stretch out Ayala so you can expand his role. Also similar moves have a Buckian logic, like making your starting pitchers finish an inning or making them get through the seventh, which will have an overall positive impact over this long season. But this decision?.?

It's not you. Others have said "there's a reason he's been fired from other jobs" and junk like that. I'm very pleased with his managing. I'll let this one go as long as it doesn't become a trend, because otherwise he has been great.

We're not that good guys. The only reason why we're over 500 is because of Buck.

If we lose this game, it will be really hard to stomach.

It's like we just stood up to the bully with our comeback, and then turned around and and broke our leg celebrating our intestinal fortitude.

The guy is trying to rest an overworked bullpen. Every manager we've had over the past 10 years has been the same because we can't get good SP. Tonight was different obviously, but I can't fault him for some of the moves he makes that are trying to keep the whole season in mind and not just that particular night, because on the whole, our starters don't pull their weight, so he has to get creative to try to rest the BP.

On some levels that is fine. We have an off day on Thursday and have had good starting pitching recently except for one bad start. We have an 8 man pen. Tonight we needed 4 outs before the big guys and plenty of guys available. I think the pen is fairly fresh, we had alot of offdays in June and the All Star Break. He could of went to Gregg there.

Archived