Jones just called out the FANS

Greg

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are wrong and Adam is right. If you care, come out and support this team.

Pssh, I bet posters from this site have made the team thousands of thousands through the years just through their support and word of mouth. Over these last 15 years, who else has been convincing out of towers to visit Camden. Who has been hyping up our last 300 can't-miss prospects to friends to help keep interest in the team when it's 45-62.

Maybe the casual fans don't want to go because they don't feel like it, but accusing OH'ers of not being hardcore enough sounds fanatical. If people on this site aren't going, chances are it's because they CAN'T go.

How about, as a group, we pick an upcoming game and meetup outside the stadium and buy some tickets? You can't afford to go, i'll buy a ticket or two for someone that really wants to go but can't make ends meet. If you really want to make it out there but can t financially, I can spare a few bucks.

Instead of complaining in thread after thread, on radio show after radio show....let's do something about it.

Weekday series vs tb coming up. Could be a perfect time to do this. If we get a few people that say they'd buy a ticket for someone else, another die hard fan, we could have a little impact and help the people that are feeling 'attacked' by getting them out there.

Has the OH ever done group outings?
Dude. It would be AWESOME if I could sit at a game with the legendary WEAMS. I would do anything to get in on this. And the group rate would be extra-super-duper-fantastic. Can you PM or start a thread or something? Holy cow I am excited. YES LET'S DO IT :D!!!!

Well you can help out with the organizing. Figure out who wants to go. get a date. I'll make the call.

You can certainly tell which posters have families and which don't in this thread.

Uh, I have three sons that I brought up as Orioles fans. My wife is an Oriole fan. I guess those of us with families shouldn't go to the games. At this point, I'd have a hard time selling that to my family:)

Dude. It would be AWESOME if I could sit at a game with the legendary WEAMS. I would do anything to get in on this. And the group rate would be extra-super-duper-fantastic. Can you PM or start a thread or something? Holy cow I am excited. YES LET'S DO IT :D!!!!

Im going to be making a thread later this evening to get something going. Already shot some pm's back and forth with weams. :)

You are wrong and Adam is right. If you care, come out and support this team.
I'm on pace to attend about 12 games this year, excluding two away games, and most probably including a playoff game (I hope :D). But it sounds like you are just trolling. You don't even begin to refute my points; you just flatly say "Adam is right". So every single person in the Baltimore metropolitan area has to come out to all 81 home games, right? Well, good luck fighting traffic with about 5.4 million people crowding into the streets outside the stadium watching the game on big LCDs on poles.<p>

Seriously, think a little bit before you post. Anybody who is on these message boards is not on the hook for being part of the problem. By the end of the season, I'll have attended 12 more games than probably 95% of the people in the area, and at least 1 more game than probably 99.99% of the people in the area. BTW, I don't cheapskate and buy inexpensive tickets so I can howl from the third deck. I buy prime seats and end up spending around $200 per night; I don't bring my own peanuts and cooler, I buy food at the park, giving them even more money. So I'm going to be fueling about $2400 into the Orioles this season, which would be absolutely astonishing if you knew how much (err, little) money I make.<p>

People like me have a finite budget that we can spend on O's games, and it's really a question of whether you'd like to see me there every single night but not having the food I want or the seats I want, or whether you're ok with me being there for only a dozen games but making them a spending spree. Either way, the O's get my money, and then some (probably more than I can spare, but it's worth it). I'm also an MLB.TV Premium subscriber and a Plus member on the forums. I fail to see how it's a problem that I'm not there for all 81 games, but you, like Adam, are being irrational. That's the only explanation.

Well you can help out with the organizing. Figure out who wants to go. get a date. I'll make the call.

What I wish OH could do is something like Kings Corner. Lock up a whole section or so and we could rock the yard. I'm sure that would become the hottest ticket in Camden, and EASY to unload. Too bad it couldn't be section 34. I don't know how Kings Corner started, but I have no problem ripping it off.

Uh, I have three sons that I brought up as Orioles fans. My wife is an Oriole fan. I guess those of us with families shouldn't go to the games. At this point, I'd have a hard time selling that to my family:)

That's not what I'm saying. Many posters have touched on it already, but everyone has their own set of circumstances. I'm glad you get to spend that quality time at the park with your family. I hope to get to that point one day. Right now, my children are too young to stay engaged for an entire game. I am also not in a position financially that I can afford a day at the park for a family of 4. Kudos to those of you that are. I just find it insulting that some would say we're less of a fan when they have no idea what is on other people's plates at the moment.

Even dedicated fans can come up with lame excuses. If you and others like you choose to not make this team a priority, we may just lose the team. At least then, you won't have anything to worry about.

Lame excuses? If you want to put the Orioles above mortgages, car payments..etc, by all means go ahead. That's your right, and Im not going to put you down for it. But to call out or put down people who's priorities are different, is asanine. I've gone to least two games a year since I was 11

which was 89. I was there when the team was bad. I was there the night Nomo no hit us, and Poison struck out 10 red sox , we pit but I was there. I can't be there because of bills, some medical that weren't expected, and a 15% payout my company forced onto us, which was even more unexpected. If that's lame to you so be it. As for losing the team, do you think Angels cares about Orioles fans in danger of losing their homes? Im glad your in a situation where hardworking people on a fixed income are lame.

Guest rochester

I don't know - there are a few here that are taking this a bit too personal. It is AJ - AJ has made a commitment not only to the O's but to the city as well. He wants Baltimore, his other "home" town, to be a winner and the area to take notice again. I have the feeling he will accept nothing less and that is not a bad thing. IIRC wasn't he tweeting when the Sux and MFY fans outnumbered Baltimore fans?

The more fans that attend means more excitement, more folks downtown spending $$ which leads to more folks being employed. It is a win-win.

I am actually doing AJ and the team a favor by not going to many games because almost every time I make trip the from out here in western MD it rains...there are times I wish they could have somehow put a retractable roof over that place.

I'm on pace to attend about 12 games this year, excluding two away games, and most probably including a playoff game (I hope :D). But it sounds like you are just trolling. You don't even begin to refute my points; you just flatly say "Adam is right". So every single person in the Baltimore metropolitan area has to come out to all 81 home games, right? Well, good luck fighting traffic with about 5.4 million people crowding into the streets outside the stadium watching the game on big LCDs on poles.<p>

Seriously, think a little bit before you post. Anybody who is on these message boards is not on the hook for being part of the problem. By the end of the season, I'll have attended 12 more games than probably 95% of the people in the area, and at least 1 more game than probably 99.99% of the people in the area. BTW, I don't cheapskate and buy inexpensive tickets so I can howl from the third deck. I buy prime seats and end up spending around $200 per night; I don't bring my own peanuts and cooler, I buy food at the park, giving them even more money. So I'm going to be fueling about $2400 into the Orioles this season, which would be absolutely astonishing if you knew how much (err, little) money I make.<p>

People like me have a finite budget that we can spend on O's games, and it's really a question of whether you'd like to see me there every single night but not having the food I want or the seats I want, or whether you're ok with me being there for only a dozen games but making them a spending spree. Either way, the O's get my money, and then some (probably more than I can spare, but it's worth it). I'm also an MLB.TV Premium subscriber and a Plus member on the forums. I fail to see how it's a problem that I'm not there for all 81 games, but you, like Adam, are being irrational. That's the only explanation.

Trolling? You couldn't be more wrong. I love this city. I love this franchise. I've seen the colts leave and I've seen the Orioles almost leave. I'm stating a fact that you obviously have a hard time handling. A major league franchise is not a right, it is a privilege. While you compile all the excuses for not attending the games, someone in another city is figuring out how to lure this franchise away.

Archived