Jones just called out the FANS

Greg

Who the hell do you think you are, to know what I do and what I want to do? Not that its your business, but were a family of four, so tix would be more than 10-15 bucks. I have gone days without lunch in life, much less get fast food everyday. Any extra money we save we put aside for emergencies. You don't know my me, so how dare you try and tell me what's best for my family and I. And i can tell you that isn't spending any money we manage to save, blowing it to watch a game.

Sucks you probably won't be getting a plus membership then. Use your remaining posts wisely, young Helmet.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sucks you probably won't be getting a plus membership then. Use your remaining posts wisely, young Helmet.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/124378-ALERT-Free-Posting-now-at-the-Hangout-with-a-new-message-board-only-membership

From now on, a unlimited posting option is now free to all registered members. Registered members will be able to post an unlimited amount times, but after 500 posts, they will become a "limited member" which means they will be allowed to continue posting but will not enjoy plus membership options like, larger avatars, reputation giving and taking, deleting your own posts, posting polls, search forums, can see who is online.

There is also a $24 a year option.

I don't blame him but the problem is so much deeper. 14 years of losing, Angeloser, the wine and chardonnay crowd, the city, the economy....It took a long time to get this way, and it will probably take a long time to fix it.

You can certainly tell which posters have families and which don't in this thread.

Eh, I have a family, two kids, one in college. I live 400 miles away, and I've been to 7 games this season, with the hopes of getting down for a couple more during September. I'm not rich, but I have an entertainment budget, and instead of going to the movies and spending 50 bucks, I go to O's games. I don't fault anyone for not going if they do not have it in their budget, but instead of paying 5 bucks for a Starbucks Coffee, I brew my own, I bring my own lunch to work, and yes, the economy is bad, but people still need to relax and have fun from time to time. Also, I don't take the entire family to every game I go to, it's nice to go with friends, who pay for their own tickets, etc. I love baseball, so I make coffee and movie concessions all year, so I can watch my favorite team.

Who the hell do you think you are, to know what I do and what I want to do? Not that its your business, but were a family of four, so tix would be more than 10-15 bucks. I have gone days without lunch in life, much less get fast food everyday. Any extra money we save we put aside for emergencies. You don't know my me, so how dare you try and tell me what's best for my family and I. And i can tell you that isn't spending any money we manage to save, blowing it to watch a game.

I don't know you or your family, and please don't take this offensively.

I "grew up" at Camden from 92-97, before moving away. Going to those games made me an Orioles fan through 15 years of losing, living 15 years away from Baltimore. My father isn't an Orioles fan, and I don't have any friends who are Orioles fans, yet here I am. I'm not saying you can make every game or should, but what a year to try to make that one trip (if possible). In 15 years, your family will probably still remember it.

Again, if you can't, you can't. But, there are good reasons to go beyond what we all do or don't think of you.

Not sure how I had missed this. That's fantastic. I'll be sticking with my plus, but that's just great.

huh?

Nice that you are giving options, Tony! I'm not giving up Plus, though!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Were you out on the balcony with sc0tt when you wrote that?

Adam doesn't get it.
  • 12:35pm.
  • On a weekday (other than Friday).
  • Companies providing less vacation time than they have in the past to "cut costs". Trust me, I'm a victim of it.
  • During football (pre-)season (the Ravens maniacs are not even hearing the word "Orioles" when spoken). Diverts attention away from the O's.
  • Light rail restricted to a shuttle bus that's overcrowded and much slower than just riding the train.
  • Light rail fare increased from $3.20 to $3.50.
  • Grand Prix clogs up the roadways, closing many roads in and out of town, which drives up the cost of going in both money (gas) and time. Diverts attention away from the O's.
  • Back to school week, so parents are trying to calm down their kids and get them into thinking about school, not "YAY BASEBALL!!!!". Diverts attention away from the O's.
  • Down economy, many people struggling to make ends meet. Diverts attention away from the O's.

It's not just one thing. It's not just five things. It's a huge combination of factors that basically make the triumphant O's the equivalent of yelling at the top of your lungs into the largest fan (the kind with blades, not the kind with a fat belly) you can imagine, blowing a huge torrent of 90mph wind in your face. Yes, we're all glad the O's are winning, and we're watching them on TV, but there's a lot of both positive and negative "stuff" going on around the city right now that just completely overshadows the O's. It's just bad timing. If they'd have won before the depression of 2008, you'd be seeing a VERY different outcome in the bleachers.

It's easy to sit there with $80 million dollars in your back pocket and whine about people not coming out to the stands. Whine, whine like a spoiled brat. Where do you think all that money is coming from, Adam? Us. The people who struggle to put food on the table and spend months saving up small scraps of a paycheck to afford a car repair or, God forbid, something nice like a cheap Android tablet. Yet somehow we manage to come out and bleed our wallets dry just to see you stand up there a hit a ball with a piece of wood.

Acting entitled and indignant that people don't drop everything they're doing, starve, and spend their entire day fighting traffic just to come see you play is not going to win you more fans, Adam Jones.

You are wrong and Adam is right. If you care, come out and support this team.

See, THIS is the attitude that drives me crazy, and that I just can't stand. Because I AM a dedicated fan, who lives in relatively close (about a 60-65 minute drive from home, but work in Reisterstown), but only attends a few games a year. Because even dedicated fans have reasons to not go to the park - small children, jobs, any one of a million things can keep you away. But the biggest one is simply that LIFE gets in the way. Those 'excuses' don't make me less dedicated than you. At least not less dedicated to baseball.

Even dedicated fans can come up with lame excuses. If you and others like you choose to not make this team a priority, we may just lose the team. At least then, you won't have anything to worry about.

I'd have a couple tickets that I would buy for the needy as well.I might even get us a group rate if you all want to do this.
Dude. It would be AWESOME if I could sit at a game with the legendary WEAMS. I would do anything to get in on this. And the group rate would be extra-super-duper-fantastic. Can you PM or start a thread or something? Holy cow I am excited. YES LET'S DO IT :D!!!!

Let's see, should I pay far out the ass for parking, tickets, food, and alcohol, cut through traffic in and out of the stadium, for the chance that I'll watch them get stomped.

Or should I sit at home on my nice comfy couch, in front of the flat screen TV which practically takes up the entire wall, offers me a good view of everything, with my whiskeys on the rocks (keep 'em comin'!) and whatever food I feel like ordering or cooking for about 1/15th the cost in total.

Oh and don't bother trying to quantify my fandom. I sat through 30-3 and stayed for THE NEXT GAME (remember it was a doubleheader of all things), I've been to at least one game every year since I was 10 despite living in New Jersey, I wore my O's gear through highschool like a crip wearing his colors on blood territory, I'm just as big a fan as anyone who didn't invest thousands of dollars to start OriolesHangout.com. And you know what I'm happy with that silver medal.

Nah, sit on your @ss and let others do your work for you.

Archived