Jones just called out the FANS

Greg

Weams, are you going to be there for the last 3 games of the season against the Red Sox ???

I'll be there, and I'd definitely like to meet up if you are.

I'll PM you my cell number.

I'm flying up from the deep south with my (very) pregnant wife for the last 3 games. She insisted on it when the Brooks ceremony got pushed back.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, there isn't a better place to be than Oriole Park at Camden Yards. If I can go to the game, I will be there. Of course, there are times when I have other commitments and can't make that night's game. But I know there are people who pass on opportunities to go to games when they could have gone. I never pass on opportunities. I'm a college student in NYC and still made around 25 games this summer. I'm also attending all 3 games of this series coming up. So yes, it does get me upset when people don't show and I'm happy Adam Jones said something.

I have very little problem with Adam Jones calling out fans. They're winning and the players want a big crowd to cheer them on. We all want to be noticed when we're doing good things and we know the Orioles aren't going to get positive attention from the media (most of the time), so it has to come from the fans.

But what I do have a problem with is when Orioles fans call out their brethren for not attending games.

It is heartbreaking to me when I can't make it to a game and something magic happens. This year I've been to all of the Legends Ceremony games and will go to the last two. Does it makes me less of a fan that I'm a college student commuting four hours a day in good traffic because I don't have the money to live near campus? Does it make me less of a fan that I have to put all of my extra money into fixing a car that broke down, while driving my Mom's car, (which I am very grateful for or else I wouldn't be able to attend college)? I can't just save up $15 bucks a week to go to a game because that money has to go to books, parking, classes and on days where I am fortunate, food.

I had a 13 game plan when I was better off financially and would love to be able to do that again. So please don't call out fans who have lived and died with this team their entire life, especially ones who aren't even old enough to have been given anything from the Orioles except memories of losing and disappointment mostly. I live and die with the Baltimore Orioles and will for the rest of my life. So it hurts to be called out by fellow fans who may have different financial means or priorities or whatever it is.

If you want to call me out for not being a real fan, then please come to house and see my autographed pictures of players I am not old enough to have seen play live. Check out my wardrobe and see how much Orioles stuff is in there. Look at my mantle and see my collection of bobble-heads.

My situation is not as dire as some of those on here. At the end of the season I will have been able to go to six games and will try my hardest to buy a playoff ticket. But how do you think it makes the person who is kicking their ass everyday to survive to be called out by a multimillionaire and, to me more disappointing, their fellow fans.

Not cool.

You are wrong and Adam is right. If you care, come out and support this team.

I don't have a problem with AJ saying what he said. However, he does not even have a concept at this point of how a family of four could be struggling. At some point in his life he may have been without, but not in the last so many years.

There are different ways to support a team. XM subscriptions, cable, and the MLB licensed shirt and hat I'm wearing in the Hunts Point Market (Bronx,NY) at the moment.

I'm not trying to be a douche, but you may want to step off of your high horse. I'm a struggling same business owner, and for the first time in 7 years the economy is really getting to me and my family. $4 fuel and all the other costs are more than you can imagine. Last week I spent about $1600 per truck in fuel, thats up about $300 to $400 each. Anyhow, I'm glad you can attend games and show your support in other ways. In the mean time, do not judge me, and I wont judge how I feel about you.

He needs to call out the fans. I get tired of hearing stupid excuses every day as to why people are not going to these games. I totally understand if you have a family and money is tight for you right now, that is economy driven. But when you listen to the radio and hear these idiots call in and complain about the dumbest things, it pisses me off. That is all you heard on the radio when they were losing, "people would support them if they were actually winning". Now they are winning and its a whole new bag of BS. Go support the squad. Bring your own food and drink. Buy an upper deck seat if its too much money. Park in a free spot (do a little research, they are available) or even take the light rail. Who knows when something like this will happen again.

If you have beef with Angelos, I understand. But these players, Buck and DD have nothing to do with him right now. Go let them know you apprecaite what they are doing.

Hmmm....a multi millionaire playing a game for 3 hours a day calling out Baltimore fans who have various reasons for not coming to the games? Yeah, I sigh too!

Note to Adam from Joe Fan, not from the OH faithful...

You weren't even alive the last time the O's were in the World Series. There are 3 decades of fans who don't even like baseball in this town. It will take more than 5 months to gain them back.

You already have most of the people in this OH community.

Since the Orioles winning season hasn't generated enough fan interest for AJ, he could spend some of that 85mil he's due on free tickets, ticket upgrades, ticket lotteries and more fans would be there to cheer him on.

I'm sure it would be less of a financial burden for him than tickets etc., are for the average fan.

Since the Orioles winning season hasn't generated enough fan interest for AJ, he could spend some of that 85mil he's due on free tickets, ticket upgrades, ticket lotteries and more fans would be there to cheer him on.

I'm sure it would be less of a financial burden for him than tickets etc., are for the average fan.

Exactly. Lets see:

The life of many of us.

Up at the crack of dawn.

Take care of self and prepare kids for their day at school.

Fight traffic on our way into an 8 hour (or more) job that we hate.

Sit at desk and deal with people's issues all day long.

Get off work, fight traffic again on our way home.

Help kids with their homework and find out how their day went.

Make and cleanup dinner.

Turn on the ballgame if we're lucky enough to not have anything else on our plate!

Game ends around 10, into bed for a few hours of sleep to do it all over again.

The life of Single, non-married baseball players:

Get up whenever.

Decide how to spend a few thousand dollars today.

Screw around until heading to the Yard around 3, maybe?

Screw around in the Clubhouse with your pals, playing video games and poker and stuff.

"Work" for 3 hours playing baseball.

Post game meal with your pals.

Do whatever you want until whenever you want.

Get ready for bed after another great day!

Yeah Adam, keep calling out the fans buddy!

And for the people who keep complaining about attendance, I wonder if they are single, or old enough to have already raised their children? I bet most of the people complaining about attendance don't have school aged kids. But I could be wrong.

My job has me in North FL (all parts) for the next two months. I was able to see one Orioles game this season, at Tropicana field. If I was in the Mid-Atlantic I would be at damn near every single game. I can't afford it, but I would find a way.

There is no way at all my job will permit it, but the Orioles last three games are in Tampa.

I will find a way to be there.

There will be one loud as possible O from left field.

I still plan on driving from Michigan to Baltimore for at least one game this year. I don't care what game it is.

After reading what AJ has to say, I'm bringing a sign into the game for the first time in my life.

"I drove from Michigan to support my O's. Baltimore, what's your excuse?"

Exactly. Lets see:

The life of many of us.

Up at the crack of dawn.

Take care of self and prepare kids for their day at school.

Fight traffic on our way into an 8 hour (or more) job that we hate.

Sit at desk and deal with people's issues all day long.

Get off work, fight traffic again on our way home.

Help kids with their homework and find out how their day went.

Make and cleanup dinner.

Turn on the ballgame if we're lucky enough to not have anything else on our plate!

Game ends around 10, into bed for a few hours of sleep to do it all over again.

Why would anyone choose this life for themselves? It sounds miserable.

As my lady friend always says, Who did this to me? Oh, I did this to me!!

Why would anyone choose this life for themselves? It sounds miserable.

As my lady friend always says, Who did this to me? Oh, I did this to me!!

I am just frustrated at the piles and piles of attendance threads going on. The truth is, I see MANY reasons why the general public is not attending games, and I don't understand how some people can put blinders on and ignore these very real "excuses" that people have.

That said, I gotta be honest. This is MORE like my day...

Up at the crack of dawn, before everyone else in the house.

Take care of myself and get out of the house before the wife prepare kids for their day at school.

Leave the house by 530 so that I don't have to Fight traffic on our way into an 8 hour (or more) job that I spend most of the day surfing on Orioles Hangout.

Sit at desk and ignore people's issues all day long.

Get off work by 230 so that I don't have to fight traffic again on my way home.

Watch the wife Help kids with their homework and find out how their day went.

Make and cleanup dinner.

Turn on the ballgame and sit my ass down watching the playoff contending Birds while drinking cold beer!

Game ends around 10, flip over to MLB to watch highlights for another hour or two.

Archived