Pray for Nick

Moose Milligan

I wouldn't mind if one of theirs got hit either. OFFNY pointed out that CC was griping with the ump and wanting the pitch called a foul. Really, the past seven years have made me hate the Red Sox a lot but these past two series have reminded me why the Yankees are always going to be the team I hate most. It's too bad none of our pitchers will ever get to pitch to CC.

I saw that on TV. Here CC possibly breaks the guys hand and shows no concern but wants it called a strike. Rick Dempsey said this was an 0-2 pitch and he hopes CC wasn't trying to do that, hurt him.

I would not be surprised to see the Orioles retaliate against the Yankees for this.

Shame on CC for this.

My prayers are with Nick that he is not seriously hurt.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't mind if one of theirs got hit either. OFFNY pointed out that CC was griping with the ump and wanting the pitch called a foul. Really, the past seven years have made me hate the Red Sox a lot but these past two series have reminded me why the Yankees are always going to be the team I hate most. It's too bad none of our pitchers will ever get to pitch to CC.

On the postgame, They just showed the Sabathia rant after hitting Markakis, whining for a strike/foul. Yes, somebody needs to pay for that reaction, what a douchebag.

Reminds me of the time that idiot Tim Leary broke Hoiles' wrist. Granted, Leary was scuffing the ball and Sabathia wasn't...but still a huge blow.

A few weeks after that, I was in Yankee Stadium ten rows behind the O's dugout and watched Ben McDonald throw a high inside fastball that knocked Matt Nokes' helmet into the air and left him face down at home plate for several minutes. I wondered if that was atonement for Hoiles.

On the postgame, They just showed the Sabathia rant after hitting Markakis, whining for a strike/foul. Yes, somebody needs to pay for that reaction, what a douchebag.
He was screaming even as Nick ran to the locker room.

Holding out hope you can come back for the playoffs?

Nick: "Hopefully it heals quicker than I think it will."

That doesn't sound that good...

You must run to the window every morning to make sure the sun came up.

No, but I am not foolish enough to think that losing our best player/superstar on a team void of suchplayers isn't going to have a massive impact on our 2012 future.

But by all means if it makes you all warm and fuzzy inside to think otherwise, then by all means do so.

No, but I am not foolish enough to think that losing our best player/superstar on a team void of suchplayers isn't going to have a massive impact on our 2012 future.

But by all means if it makes you all warm and fuzzy inside to think otherwise, then by all means do so.

I know what you mean, but Adam Jones is our best offensive player. We've made it to first place without relying on one player, even though Jones has contributed the most to our season from a hitting perspective (Wieters probably from an overall perspective as an excellent game caller and defensive catcher to go along with a very solid season as a hitter). I think we can win the division without Nick, the Yankees pitching staff sucks and the Rays have trouble scoring runs.

Archived