Pray for Nick

Moose Milligan

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree. It makes things much more difficult, but there's too many variables at play - both with the O's and with the other playoff contending teams - to be able to say that.

If our starting pitching stays hot, and if someone like Hardy gets hot, we definitely have a great chance.

Yea they just need to stay hot, but they got hot when Nick came back, and I think they said they were 16-19 without him.

Spare me the "season isn't over!!@" talk.

Any chance we had just went down the drain.

You cant replace Markakis, so save it.

This much worse than the experts saying the Orioles had no chance at the playoffs in June. It's such a small sample size coming down the stretch that it's more than possible we can still make the playoffs if we get good production from 1 or 2 hitters like McLouth, Hardy (who has been a black hole for most of the team's run), or Machado, and continued sustained production from the starting rotation. Completely disagree with you.

I wouldn't mind if one of theirs got hit either. OFFNY pointed out that CC was griping with the ump and wanting the pitch called a foul. Really, the past seven years have made me hate the Red Sox a lot but these past two series have reminded me why the Yankees are always going to be the team I hate most. It's too bad none of our pitchers will ever get to pitch to CC.

Thing is, if the Orioles can play .500 ball the rest of the way they might make it into the playoffs. You just have to keep grinding. There's been a lot of injuries in baseball this year and a lot of teams have lost really important players for long periods of time. You just need to look around the AL East to see that.

16-19, but we were getting awful starts from Matusz, Tillman, and Arrieta, and that was before we got great production from Miguel Gonzalez, Tillman, and Britton. We also had an ice cold Reynolds butchering every other play at 3rd.

Yeah this is a different team than it was. Hopefully someone steps up.

Archived