Pray for Nick

Moose Milligan

Guest rochester
I agree.......I will never sleep again.....he MUST be punished

Cindy: I have not seen your posts in a long, long time, Good to see you here

Losing Nick is huge - I saw Buck's presser and it was the first time I saw him that emotional. Nick has played here for years and has never had the chance to enjoy a pennant race, then this.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm the most positive homer left on this board. And I'm just speechless. You couldn't have picked a more important piece to this team to erase. We're done. Best case wild card and one quick loss.

ffffuuuu.jpg

Yep, we might squeak in but it will be one and done. I really thought we had a chance to win it all before tonight.

I'm sorry. It's pretty silly to say that if we win a WC spot it's a guaranteed loss because of losing Markakis. Losing one player hurts much more over the long haul than in a single game.

Someone else will have to step up a bit. Let's hope they can. Season was supposed to be over when Hammel was injured and about 5 other times.

Yep, we might squeak in but it will be one and done. I really thought we had a chance to win it all before tonight.

It hurts our chances certainly. You do not lose a guy as productive as Markakis has been and not suffer some effect.

That said, not going to write off the season either or predict we can only win the wild card. It does mean however our pitching has to continue to be solid. That will be the key with or without Nick.

Terms of playoffs it certainly does decrease our chances of making a run but you never know if a guy gets hot or a guy gets cold in a series.

I'm sorry. It's pretty silly to say that if we win a WC spot it's a guaranteed loss because of losing Markakis. Losing one player hurts much more over the long haul than in a single game.

Someone else will have to step up a bit. Let's hope they can. Season was supposed to be over when Hammel was injured and about 5 other times.

This.

It just means our pitching is all that more important. Of course we're not "as good" w/o Markakis, but people are acting like half the team just got into a serious car accident.

Tampa is where they are w/o having had Longoria for 4 months. The Yankees DL is a revolving door of $20M players. We to can overcome this.

Even in a 7 game series though you never know who is gonna get hot or cold. If fate smiles on you then maybe a guy like McLouth gets hot and say hits .350 over a 7 game series. No he is no Markakis over the course of a season but in a series you just never know who an unlikely hero can be

Hard part is getting there.... Not so unsure if I were DD if I would not consider seeing if there is anyone who passed through waivers who can help. Even if they cant be on the playoff roster like I said above .... getting there is the key.... then you roll the dice

Going right to the trainer does not mean it's likely broken. That is a rather bold and unsubstantiated claim. I'm not saying it isn't but lets see what they say.

Kind of like the time you declared Tillman out for the season within an inning of pulling him for precautionary reasons. *Sigh*

[sarcasm] But a least you have earned some credibility, unlike Roy Firestone. [/sarcasm]

Cindy: I have not seen your posts in a long, long time, Good to see you here

Losing Nick is huge - I saw Buck's presser and it was the first time I saw him that emotional. Nick has played here for years and has never had the chance to enjoy a pennant race, then this.

I post as much as I can....My computer is sloooooooooow!!!!!

I am so upset right now.......I do not know what to do!!!

Archived