The Pirates may not break their losing streak after all

Frobby

Fixed it for you.

And meanwhile, the Phillies who were given up for dead months ago are now at .500 and [WHEN] St Louis loses, could be just 4 games off the pace for the final WC spot.

Drove up to Pittsburgh for the 2 games 28-29 August and triggered a 4 game losing streak (10 losses in 14 games). Promised fellow Cards fans that I'd skip the series with the Nats, but it didn't help.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they end up winning this season. I don't like the steelers, but I have no problem with the steelers fans that live in that city and root for the steelers and pirates. It's the steelers fans that live everywhere else in the country and root for the steelers, yankees, heat/lakers that really piss me off.

The steelers are the yankees of the NFL to me, but they have some good die hard local fans that also support the baseball team. I have no issues with those guys and hope their baseball team gets out of the woods. I can certainly relate to their pain.

Now having said this, I know I'm going to hang out with a good friend this Saturday who is a steelers fan. I just know, he's going to start with the..

"well everything I say about football is right because.... six rings!"

Then I'll take all this back and say screw him, screw the sqeelers and screw the pirates and penguins for good measure!

Still boggles my mind that they flat out released Bedard in the middle of a playoff race.

It is a little odd that he was released despite throwing 125 innings and striking out 118. But his ERA was about half a run a game more than anyone else on the team who'd thrown 20+ innings. He was 9th among Pirates' starters in ERA (out of 9 total starters).

Wouldn't mind seeing them miss .500.

I wasn't around for '71 and '79 but I hold a grudge. Same with the Mets, screw them.

This.

I hate the Mets worse. MUCH worse. But that doesn't mean I don't harbor a deep hatred for the Pirates. I vividly recall '71 and '79 and the only way I would like to see the Pirates end with a winning record is if we could play them in the world series. Besides that, I want them to repeat Drungo's 23-113 every year.

This.

I hate the Mets worse. MUCH worse. But that doesn't mean I don't harbor a deep hatred for the Pirates. I vividly recall '71 and '79 and the only way I would like to see the Pirates end with a winning record is if we could play them in the world series. Besides that, I want them to repeat Drungo's 23-113 every year.

When we play the Pirates, I still carry a grudge. The rest of the time, I sympathize with their fans. 19 years of losing is more than enough. We should know.

Archived