Dylan Bundy, Promoted

FlipCup

I am sure I am alone on my thoughts with Bundy but we are in the race for a play off spot and you bring up an inexperienced young pitcher. I hope he is here for the nigth and isnt used and sent right back to Florida and we see him again next September as a call up after he pitches in aa/aaa next season.
Sorry to disappoint you but DD, was just on XM MLB and said Bundy is here to be the long man tonight and most likely will be with the club through the end of the season.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sure I am alone on my thoughts with Bundy but we are in the race for a play off spot and you bring up an inexperienced young pitcher. I hope he is here for the nigth and isnt used and sent right back to Florida and we see him again next September as a call up after he pitches in aa/aaa next season.

Listening to Jim Duquette this morning, he didn't think that they called Bundy up to send him back down immediately.

Kinda like what they did with Manny? At least Dylon will still be pitching...LOL If Buck and Dan believe he fills a need then in Buck and DD I trust. Good luck Dylon.

"We brought him up today to support the bullpen," Duquette told MASNsports.com. "Our immediate need is we made need some innings for tonight's game. Long-term, we think he's going to be a starter in the big leagues. But sometimes it's best to have pitchers get their feet wet out of the bullpen, right? That is where he'll go for tonight's game and after that, Buck (Showalter) will decide how he wants to utilize his skill. He's worked hard to put himself in this position, there is a need and he's on the roster."
Is it possible Bundy will be the first man used out of the bullpen tonight?

"That is something you'll have to talk to Buck about," Duquette said.

Duquette did confirm that Bundy would be available to be on the Orioles' playoff roster later if they make it and decide to add him.

"That's correct. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's worry about tonight's ballgame," he said. "Let's keep going towards the playoffs and we're trying to win the division. But any player that was in the organization on Aug. 31 is eligible to be chosen for the playoff roster."

Duquette said he expects Bundy to remain with the team at least through the end of the regular season.

"Yeah, probably so. He did a good job at each stop (in the minors) and worked on the skills he needs to be a big leaguer," Duquette said. "He did a good job right from the start upon reporting to spring training."

source - Steve Melewski

Gives us another option. We need to slot someone in to make sure Chen and Gonzo get at least 5 days rest between starts, and we need someone to pitch the back end of the TOR DH Mon. So now we don't have to worry about which long man we burn. Any of Johnson, Arrieta, Hunter, Wolf, or Bundy would be available to slot in.

Congrats to Dylan for doing the work to get this chance. I would also like to give a big hand to Denver for what he has done for both of his boys. He helped mold his sons into guys with a chance at greatness and I hold this in very high regard. We have seen Dylan is not satisfied with being the best at his level, he has shown the drive to be truly great. No matter how it works out it is something to be respected and held has an example for young players in all sports. I know Dads like this rub some the wrong way but I think this is misplaced when it is done correctly.

I am a little concerned with how he'll pitch out of the bullpen. When he came into the futures game he didn't exactly tank but he did get hit pretty well. I remember whoever the announcer was saying that Bundy had a very specific warm up routine before starts and probably didn't get to do that before coming in during the game. We shall see I guess.

I am a little concerned with how he'll pitch out of the bullpen. When he came into the futures game he didn't exactly tank but he did get hit pretty well. I remember whoever the announcer was saying that Bundy had a very specific warm up routine before starts and probably didn't get to do that before coming in during the game. We shall see I guess.

IIRC, none of the pitchers got appropriate time to warm up before coming into the Futures Game.

Archived