Dylan Bundy, Promoted

FlipCup

I was against the machado move and look how that turned out. Im just so thrilled at the possibility of seeing this kid pitch in the majors already. Maybe an inning or two tonight? Part of me hopes they wait till after tonight because I dont want to stay up all night again.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever happened to Stu Pomeranz?
Oblique - 60-day DL. Out until at least mid-September

Bundy is on the 8:23 out of Miami,should get in if no delays around 3:03

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/1568447/stuart-pomeranz

Pomeranz had a set back with his leg, out for the season. Will be able to allow injury replacement on postseason roster.

It isn't like his is being called up to start. He is here as an emergency arm. It'll be interesting if he receives the Hoes treatment.

I dont see any harm in giving him a couple innings here and there in tights spots (like after an 18 inning game) or even blowouts. Bundy's not the kind of kid whose confidence is so fragile one or two bad outings will derail him.

Is he up tonight just as an emergency arm, or is he up for the rest of the ride this year?

The Orioles need another pitcher after last night and he's on the 40-man roster. There is no need to send him back down since the roster's have expanded. He'll be up for the rest of the year.

I think we should all consider that DD has bigger things in mind for Bundy than a mop up role. Our stud setup man is pitching poorly. Ayala is running on fumes. We suddenly have good lefties back there with Patton's return, but aside from O'Day and JJ, our righties aren't exactly overwhelming. Bundy still has innings to spare.

I'm not saying that Bundy will step right into the setup role - though he may - but the back of our bullpen isn't what it was a few months ago. I expect him to get meaningful innings if he looks lights out early on.

DD and Buck are all-in. They will pitch and hit the guys who give us the best chance to win. That may be Bundy over the next 2 weeks, or more if he can be an injury replacement on the 25-man roster for the playoffs.

Archived