Orioles add Independent League Pitchers L Mahon & C Johnson.

Roll Tide

The Orioles added independent league pitchers Logan Mahon and Chase Johnson on minor league deals, according to CSNBaltimore's Rich Dubroff and the Baltimore Sun's Eduardo A. Encina, respectively (Twitter links).

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/baltimore_orioles/#eYRmAqjd7Wq30CaK.99

More Dumpster Diving:thumbsup1::rolleyes:

The live cheap crowd gets a few more names to drool over. The front office hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The live cheap crowd gets a few more names to drool over. The front office hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

Is this a joke, Johnny?

Every team adds minor league depth like this. I can understand getting mad at the FO if they sign some crappy FA's or make some crappy trades, but getting mad about this is kinda silly, IMO.

Is this a joke, Johnny?

Every team does this. I can understand getting mad at the FO if they sign some crappy FA's or make some crappy trades, but getting mad about this is kinda silly, IMO.

I'm not mad Lex ... I am resigned to the fact that these are the Orioles types of big moves.

What is it you want Duquette to do this winter? Be specific.

He wants a MOO bat no matter what it takes. Hamilton and Butler would be his preference. Sign Hamilton to a 5/125 deal. Trade Matusz/Britton/Hoes + for Butler. I think I have that right.

What is it you want Duquette to do this winter? Be specific.

I can answer that for him...

"I want DD to put a winning ballclub on the field. I want him to stop acquiring MiL fodder. This team needs a MOO and a TOR if they want to win again in 2013."

Yet, this deal has nothing to do with either, and therefore, it's just another example of how inept the Orioles are and how PA is pulling the purse strings. :rolleyes: I mean, no other team makes moves like this. If it's a good move, well, some other team would have done it first. If the Orioles do it, chances are no one else was interested, and therefore, it was a bad decision.

I can answer that for him...

"I want DD to put a winning ballclub on the field. I want him to stop acquiring MiL fodder. This team needs a MOO and a TOR if they want to win again in 2013."

Yet, this deal has nothing to do with either, and therefore, it's just another example of how inept the Orioles are and how PA is pulling the purse strings. :rolleyes: I mean, no other team makes moves like this. If it's a good move, well, some other team would have done it first. If the Orioles do it, chances are no one else was interested, and therefore, it was a bad decision.

Yeah, that sounds about right. ;):D

I'm glad I have so many mouth pieces here :rolleyes:

Im happy with the pitching as it is pretty much intact. The Bullpen should be set going into spring training. I'd like a TOR ...But I'm not expecting both and would be okay with getting Saunders or a similar arm. Would have been nice if we were in on Johnson or Buerle.

In a perfect world here is what I'd like them to do

1) Get Hamilton at 5 years $110 YR1 $27 YR2 $27 YR3 $25 Yr4 $18 Yr 5 $13 (These types of contracts are starting to happen)

2) resign Saunders

3) Trade for Butler for Britton/Matusz, Arrieta/Johnson, Schoop, and Hoes/Avery

4) Resign McLouth if it can be done at 4th OF money. Or go with the player we got for Andino.

That would mean we would not bring back Reynolds or Thome.

And I'm realistic enough to know you may not be able to get Butler & Hamilton. I'd like to see the organization actually do something other than bargain hunting.

I'm glad I have so many mouth pieces here :rolleyes:

Im happy with the pitching as it is pretty much intact. The Bullpen should be set going into spring training. I'd like a TOR ...But I'm not expecting both and would be okay with getting Saunders or a similar arm. Would have been nice if we were in on Johnson or Buerle.

In a perfect world here is what I'd like them to do

1) Get Hamilton at 5 years $110 YR1 $27 YR2 $27 YR3 $25 Yr4 $18 Yr 5 $13 (These types of contracts are starting to happen)

2) resign Saunders

3) Trade for Butler for Britton/Matusz, Arrieta/Johnson, Schoop, and Hoes/Avery

4) Resign McLouth if it can be done at 4th OF money. Or go with the player we got for Andino.

That would mean we would not bring back Reynolds or Thome.

No they aren't. That contract isn't happening.

You do realize that every MLB team makes these kind of moves regularly, don't you? Whining over something like this reduces any chance you might have to be taken seriously in other threads, IMO. Really no reason to post this with any kind of "PA is cheap" agenda or spin. Just sayin'.

You do realize that every MLB team makes these kind of moves regularly, don't you? Whining over something like this reduces any chance you might have to be taken seriously in other threads, IMO. Really no reason to post this with any kind of "PA is cheap" agenda or spin. Just sayin'.

Yes ... I undertsand how it works...But thats all the Orioles have done since they signed Tejada.

Archived