Orioles have inquired about Stanton

Roll Tide

Nope. I would like to hear why Kershaw out of all the NL pitchers, Matt Cain is the best in that division.

Kershaw is flashier, with some nasty stuff. Cain does his job without all of the flash. I like Cain alot, but wouldnt trade Bundy for either of those 2 pitchers. My list is bigger for trading Bundy, but some are pretty unrealistic. Trout, Cabrera, Posey are just a few of the unrealistic options. I would be interested in what it would take to get Blanton, and he may be one of the feasible trades that I might part with Bundy for.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kershaw is flashier, with some nasty stuff. Cain does his job without all of the flash. I like Cain alot, but wouldnt trade Bundy for either of those 2 pitchers. My list is bigger for trading Bundy, but some are pretty unrealistic. Trout, Cabrera, Posey are just a few of the unrealistic options. I would be interested in what it would take to get Blanton, and he may be one of the feasible trades that I might part with Bundy for.

Not much, we were interested in Blanton in July.

Nope. I would like to hear why Kershaw out of all the NL pitchers, Matt Cain is the best in that division.

Kershaw has a decent argument for being the best pitcher in the NL last year, he was the best in 2011, and he's still only 24. Asking what makes Kershaw so special is like asking why pizza is good.

I'm not really sure what you are saying here. Kershaw isn't special because Strausburgh? I assume you are trying to say something about Steven Strasburg?

You mentioned best pitcher in the NL last year, I thought Steve had a really good year.

Hell Kris Medlen was solid.

You mentioned best pitcher in the NL last year, I thought Steve had a really good year.

Hell Kris Medlen was solid.

Kershaw led all NL pitchers in fWAR and rWAR.

Neither of the two you just mentioned threw enough innings to qualify. This has absolutely nothing to do with the original argument. You still haven't pointed out why Kershaw isn't special. He was arguably the best pitcher in his league for his age 23 and 24 seasons, that's special. You can't argue otherwise.

Kershaw led all NL pitchers in fWAR and rWAR.

Neither of the two you just mentioned threw enough innings to qualify. This has absolutely nothing to do with the original argument. You still haven't pointed out why Kershaw isn't special. He was arguably the best pitcher in his league for his age 23 and 24 seasons, that's special. You can't argue otherwise.

But he didn't win the CY Young, that tells us who the best was

Whats so great about Kershaw? Not even the best pitcher in the NL.

Congratulations. This post made everyone who read it dumber. That's quite an accomplishment.

If we were able to work out an extension prior to the deal, I would trade Bundy for Kershaw in a heartbeat. So would pretty much every GM in the history of the multi-verse.

Kershaw has better pure stuff at a younger age - he's 4 years younger than Cain and puts up similar, if not better, numbers, which is ridiculous for a pitcher that young. Kershaw's strikeout rate is considerably higher, and it's one of the best K rates in the game. His stuff is simply more dominant and more unhittable, even though Cain is one of the best pitchers in baseball. I love Cain but I think Kershaw is the most talented pitcher in the NL.

Even though Kershaw's hip injury could be a cause for concern, quite frankly I wouldn't put much stock in anyone's talent evaluation skills who doesn't think Kershaw is better than Cain. I think only Strasburg could make a case for having better stuff and eventually taking the title of best young pitcher in the NL in the near-future, but his mechanics concern me.

Archived