Orioles are one of the teams that the Twins have contacted in regards to Justin Morneau

FlipCup

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am actually curious enough to take you up on that. A conference call would be fascinating, but I would understand (not in an internet argument way) if you didn't actually want to do that.

What level of the front office does he/she work at?

And in closing, I would just like to say that the Royals are known for two things: being relatively unfriendly to new stats/ideas, and some of the most terrible trades and contracts in baseball. So. :D

And I'm pretty sure you'd give your left nut to work for them. But I'm sure your job is giving you all the excitement and fulfillment you desire.

You are correct sir. If you need to know the name and email, phone number feel free to inbox me. Hell i'll even setup a conference call for ya. This is an open invite to the smart asses too (Waroriole, srmeowmeow). Feel free, nothing to hide.

Oh I don't really care, just going for a cheap laugh.

That's kind of strange, especially if the part about him becoming the Phillies' starting center fielder. Revere looks kind of like the new Joey Gathright. Has ZERO power and walks in about 5% of his plate appearances.

I was reading that his isolated power is less than Cliff Lee.

Just spoke with a mentor/friend who's in a FO position with a team in the west; who is in a small market and would be a prime candidate to leverage these advanced statistics. He confirmed what I just spoke about. Stats and Advanced stats are used to round out what your assessment is of a player. Not the other way around. There you have it. I think it's time to turn the page. If you want to believe in statistics like WAR, go right ahead. For the others, we will just continue partying.:2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb:

Wait, you mean MLB teams rely on their scouts? Weird, I thought every front office was holed up in a dark warehouse surrounded by nothing but spreadsheets and calculators.

I don't think anybody would suggest it's one or the other. You use all the information available to you, including stats and what you see with your own eyes.

Archived