Wada's Return May Be Sooner than Expected: Showalter

OFFNY

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's coming off of TJ surgery. He needs time. 3 starts in the minors isn't enough to judge him. I'm not even sure 5 starts is. We'll see.

That's really the ONLY takeaway from his 2013 performance thusfar. He's healthy enough to pitch, maybe in a few more starts he'll start looking like a guy who isn't rehabbing from TJ surgery.

Again. How much do we owe this guy? If it is between bringing him up now or eating the salary, I would eat the salary. He clearly isn't ready or just not good. Either way, pass. I would rather see Jake or Britton and I am very serious.

Again. How much do we owe this guy? If it is between bringing him up now or eating the salary, I would eat the salary. He clearly isn't ready or just not good. Either way, pass. I would rather see Jake or Britton and I am very serious.

Like I said after his last start, I would scrap the idea of him starting and see what he can do in one and two inning stints.

I wouldn't trust that. Look at his stats. He isn't good at any interval.

Knowing you are going one innings might lead to different results then pitching the first inning in a game in which you are expecting to go six innings. Difference in pitch selection and exertion level for instance.

It's worth a short to try it while he is still making rehab starts.

TSUYOSHI WADA O (vs. AAA-Buffalo, 5/31)

IP:. 4.67

H:o 8

R:O 6

ER:)4

BB: 2 *

SO: 0

Pitches: 82 (51 Strikes, 31 Balls)

2013 ERA: 6.11 (AAA-Norfolk)

* Wada also had 1 hit batsman.

PITCHES BY INNING

21 (11 Strikes)

14 (10 Strikes)

13 (71 Strikes)

17 (11 Strikes)

17 (12 Strikes) *

* Wada retired 2 batters in the 5th inning before departing.

Archived