Baltimore being serious players for Dickey

Greg

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
D'Arnaud is the guy the Mets want. If the Blue Jays give him up, no one else has a chance.

Toronto won't give that up without an extension. Dickey doesnt want to extend with Toronto. Thing is, the O's just don't have the talent to get Dickey aside from the usual suspects (Bundy, Gausman,Machado). The O's would be better off standing pat at this point.

DD needs to make the deal for Dickey this weekend. There are a lot of reasons why I've mentioned before with the most obvious being he screws up the timing of the hitters every time he pitches. He would be a major addition to this team whether DD lands the middle of the order bat or not. Pitching, Pitching and more Pitching! Get him DD and don't waste time. Maybe he can teach a few of our pitchers who have been struggling to find an out pitch how to throw the knuckleball and turn their careers around. Using the floater knuckleball sometimes makes a guy who throws 90 look like he's throwing 98. He's also a very nice guy and good team player. He'll fit in perfectly in the Oriole clubhouse and Buck already knows him.

DD needs to make the deal for Dickey this weekend. There are a lot of reasons why I've mentioned before with the most obvious being he screws up the timing of the hitters every time he pitches. He would be a major addition to this team whether DD lands the middle of the order bat or not. Pitching, Pitching and more Pitching! Get him DD and don't waste time. Maybe he can teach a few of our pitchers who have been struggling to find an out pitch how to throw the knuckleball and turn their careers around. Using the floater knuckleball sometimes makes a guy who throws 90 look like he's throwing 98. He's also a very nice guy and good team player. He'll fit in perfectly in the Oriole clubhouse and Buck already knows him.

So what are you trading to get him?

The Mets want a young catcher, and if the Jays are offering D'Arnaud, the Orioles can't beat that without giving up Bundy or Machado. DD can't force them to take a lesser package.

I do not know if I am ready to give up on Britton. I would give up Strop and Hoes. Britton and Matusz were lights out in the bullpen last year and think a whole year of that could be scary for other teams. I would love to land Dickey but at 38 you just never know when he turns into Tim Wakefield. I know he had a good year but you should never be able to demand huge prospects for a 38 year old pitcher, especially a knuckle baller. I just don't know if I trust it.

I do not know if I am ready to give up on Britton. I would give up Strop and Hoes. Britton and Matusz were lights out in the bullpen last year and think a whole year of that could be scary for other teams. I would love to land Dickey but at 38 you just never know when he turns into Tim Wakefield. I know he had a good year but you should never be able to demand huge prospects for a 38 year old pitcher, especially a knuckle baller. I just don't know if I trust it.

Wakefield was very successful well into his 40s.

Archived