Baltimore being serious players for Dickey

Greg

Guess what, Justin Bieber has 20 million followers, that doesn't make him an authority on music.

But it does make him a castration target. Jeremy Guthrie was quite relieved that they foiled that plot.

One of those men was busted upstate on Nov. 20 — allegedly with pruning shears that were to be used to cut off Bieber’s manhood at a price of $2,500 for each testicle, according to court documents.

Tanner Ruane, 23, and his ex-con uncle Mark Staake, 41, were supposed to strangle 18-year-old Bieber and his bodyguard with a paisley tie at the singer’s late November show at the Garden, then castrate them both.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dan Connolly ‏@danconnollysun

Acdg 2 an industry source, #Orioles talked w #Mets some about Dickey but no fit there. Os wont give up Bundy & dont have top OF/C prospects

Thank god there's no fit if that's what they are asking for...

Dan Connolly ‏@danconnollysun

Acdg 2 an industry source, #Orioles talked w #Mets some about Dickey but no fit there. Os wont give up Bundy & dont have top OF/C prospects

ARGH!

How am I supposed to sleep now?

You can sleep. Nothing to see here.

If he said "80ish" that would have been fine. I could maybe see that if a couple of major catastrophes hit the team. But 70 wins after winning 93 games and improving the offense, and without any major departures? That's being rather melodramatic, don't you think?

I don't see how you can put a slant on losing Mary Reynolds and his 20+ hrs as an improvement to the offense. The reality is the Orioles, right now, are a worse offensive team then they were last season.

I don't think the Orioles match up well with the Mets. The seem to be pretty solid in the young arms dept and in desperate need of an offensive player. I don't think teams put much stock in Schoop or any of the Orioles offensive prospects short of Machado. The only way I see a deal happening is if the Mets can't find an offensive match with another team and remain adament about trading Dickey. Then maybe they'll be willing to take whatever they can get for him. Again, a very highly unlikely scenario IMO.

I don't see how you can put a slant on losing Mary Reynolds and his 20+ hrs as an improvement to the offense. The reality is the Orioles, right now, are a worse offensive team then they were last season.

Betemit-Pearce/Valencia/Reimold > 2012 Mark Reynolds

Other than 5 weeks from early August to mid-September, he was AWFUL.

Why is it I have a terrible feeling we're going to acquire a "big bat" like Soriano or Morneau, and we're going to act like it's on par with the Rays trade, both Blue Jays trades, etc.?

Honestly Lex, I'd be absolutely exstatic if Soriano or Morneau was their "big move" at this point. The front office has set the par pretty low in terms of expectations.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• “ the legend lives on from the Chippewa on down, of the big lake they gicchi goomie.The lake it is said, never gives up her dead when the skies of November turn gloomy” yup, him and Johnny Cash
    • Sundown, you better take care If I find you been creeping 'round my back stairs - - - - - - Oh MY!!!  Lol.  The old radio guys know how to control their timber.
    • This is why Elias is where he is and why these guys are on TV.  Lol … good grief, no , no way… the closer situation will be solved internally hopefully or with much cheaper deadline rental. 
    • McKenna really has nothing to offer. I was fine with him being on the roster last year as a fourth OF, but now that they have two other guys that can spell Mullins (Cowser and Mateo), I don't think he's anything beyond organizational depth. And his routes and first steps in the outfield are both terrible, cancelling out his athleticism. He's like the anti-Santander.
    • Feel for you.  This is why so many people have given up going to live games and would rather watch on their 72 inch at home.  Sometimes it is just a giant hassle and expensive at the same time.    At least they won.
    • Taking an off day to take a look at how the schedule looks the rest of the way.   We know a little bit more about the talent of various teams now than we did at the start of the season, but it's a marathon so there is still a lot we can't be sure of. Breaking the schedule the remainder of the way into sections: First, the Orioles are home for 12 of the next 18 games over 22 days starting today, and have three days off in that span.  And 12 of the 18 games are vs teams with losing records, while the others are against teams who are 19-18 and 20-18 at the moment.   So the Orioles have a chance to continue to build wins and continue that .600+ play during this favorable stretch.   Then, of course, there is June.  There has been much talk of June already.  There is only one off day in the 30 day month.   We also play May 31, so that is a stretch of 30 games in 31 days between May 31 and June 30.     And of those 30 games... 24 are against playoff teams from last year!   And the 6 that aren't are against Cleveland and Yankees, who have the 2nd and 3rd best records in the AL this year!   This is why we need to keep banking wins and getting further over .500, because June looks like a real challenge.   But does it get easier when June ends?   Well, certainly the grind does.   In the next two months (I'll call  July 1 to Sept 1, a 63 day span that ends on a Sunday, the next two months)... the Orioles have 10 days off.   Of course 4 are the All Star Break.   But at least there are some breathers for the pitching staff.   But in those 63 days, the Orioles only play 22 home games.   There are two 6-game West Coast trips (counting Colorado as West Coast), a 10 game Cle/Tor/TB swing, and a Tex/Mia swing in the heat of August.   So while June lacks days off, July and August have a lot more travel and a lot less home cooking.   Labor Day then begins a 3 week stretch, with 3 off days, 12 home games, and 6 road games, all against teams that are currently no better than 1 game over .500.   So it is similar to our current stretch.   If we are near the top of the division when Labor Day hits, this will give us an opportunity to take control of the division.   The last week of the season is spent on the road, potentially against two teams we could be competing with for playoff seeds... the Twins and Yankees.   Those games could be huge.  
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now