Roch answers "Why haven't the Orioles made a trade?"

ChaosLex

I'm gonna have to kinda disagree with you here Bob. Peter (Shields) is not management material...

Shields is an ace. No other way to describe him. Startling and risky move by KC but well worth it I think we will see. ;)

It's definitely close, but his numbers away from Tropicana Field are a little worrisome, IMO.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thread: Orioles sign some guy for routine minor league depth.

Everyone else: Never heard of him, but you never know. He has a pretty solid WHIP and K rate, and he's only 23.

MSK: This proves beyond any doubt that Angelos is SATAN! Also, we're cheap and we suck and we're going to lose 600 games next year.

:rolleyes:

What else would you call it?

Here's the thing, and there's no escape: if you're right, you're making him happy by responding like you do.

thread: Orioles sign some guy for routine minor league depth.

Everyone else: Never heard of him, but you never know. He has a pretty solid whip and k rate, and he's only 23.

Msk: This proves beyond any doubt that angelos is satan! Also, we're cheap and we suck and we're going to lose 600 games next year.

just frustration ... Minor league moves are the only ones we are cpable of making

I'm gonna have to kinda disagree with you here Bob. Peter (Shields) is not management material...

Shields is an ace. No other way to describe him. Startling and risky move by KC but well worth it I think we will see. ;)

Shields is not an ace. He's a very good #2. He had one year (2011) that would be worthy of that label. Price, Verlander, Kershaw, Weaver. Those are aces.

I think an Arrieta for Trumbo trade makes a ton of sense. Angels need pitching, we need a hitter. Both have serious flaws in their game (Arrieta ~ command, Trumbo ~ OBP/defense). Both would probably improve by moving to more suitable ballparks. I'd throw in a BP arm like Patton if I had to. I'm not sure I would do Britton instead of Arrieta, though, and I know I wouldn't do Tillman.

Shields is not an ace. He's a very good #2. He had one year (2011) that would be worthy of that label. Price, Verlander, Kershaw, Weaver. Those are aces.

I think an Arrieta for Trumbo trade makes a ton of sense. Angels need pitching, we need a hitter. Both have serious flaws in their game (Arrieta ~ command, Trumbo ~ OBP/defense). Both would probably improve by moving to more suitable ballparks. I'd throw in a BP arm like Patton if I had to. I'm not sure I would do Britton instead of Arrieta, though, and I know I wouldn't do Tillman.

The Angels aren't trading Trumbo. Bourjos will be the out man out. And the rumored Bourjos for Porcello trade that's been bandied about makes more sense for them than Trumbo for Arrieta.

The Angels aren't trading Trumbo. Bourjos will be the out man out. And the rumored Bourjos for Porcello trade that's been bandied about makes more sense for them than Trumbo for Arrieta.

I know they're not trading Trumbo, which is terrible idea IMO. Personally...I'd rather have Bourjos roaming the outfield, not Trumbo, if I were them. I also believe Arrieta's upside is greater than Porcello's, but that's just me.

I know they're not trading Trumbo, which is terrible idea IMO. Personally...I'd rather have Bourjos roaming the outfield, not Trumbo, if I were them. I also believe Arrieta's upside is greater than Porcello's, but that's just me.

Not just you. I'm of that mind set too. If a scout was evaluating both players simply on their talent, I think most of them would agree as well. Arrieta just hasn't put it all together yet. Much higher upside though.

Also agree about the Angels probably being better off keeping Bourjos. They just seem intent on trading him. It seems like he's been rumored in trades for the better part of the last year.

It's funny. When thinking of the big picture, I am actually quite glad that DD hasn't made any moves yet. I think some of us were (and are) under the impression that DD could be blind to last season and think that we are a legitimate 90 win team.

Some even thought that in believing that, he might make some aggressive moves in the short term to try to slap a team together that may or may not contend because of the way we won last year.

I really believe that Dan is laying the groundwork to build a sustainable franchise. I think last year was purely a bonus. He is not deviating in building from the ground up.

Even if we make no more moves this off season and go .500 next year, I am confident in his ability to build us up through the international market and the draft. Those avenues are what is going to build us into a long term contender.

Hold onto the pitching, allow Machado, Wieters, and Jones to develop, continue to grow more talent, and be a model franchise.

Great franchises aren't built by having "sexy off seasons". By all means, last year everyone gave us an F.

Keep doing work Dan!

Thread: Orioles sign some guy for routine minor league depth.

Everyone else: Never heard of him, but you never know. He has a pretty solid WHIP and K rate, and he's only 23.

MSK: This proves beyond any doubt that Angelos is SATAN! Also, we're cheap and we suck and we're going to lose 600 games next year.

You're exaggerating.

I never said anything remotely close to that.

I love how someone is labeled a troll for not sticking his head in the ground like and ostrich and pretending that everything will be okay if the team stands pat. This is not a good course of events folks. No matter what your moneyball analysis tells you.

No amount of snark and insults can change the fact that our beloved team has not improved a bit.

I'm not creating that situation, so chill out.

MSK

You're exaggerating.

I never said anything remotely close to that.

I love how someone is labeled a troll for not sticking his head in the ground like and ostrich and pretending that everything will be okay if the team stands pat. This is not a good course of events folks. No matter what your moneyball analysis tells you.

No amount of snark and insults can change the fact that our beloved team has not improved a bit.

I'm not creating that situation, so chill out.

MSK

I was exaggerating. But not by much. And certainly not in regard to the core behavior.

What's nice for a change is that the Os are pretty much set. I would like to see them bring back Saunders. Anything beyond that is a luxury. We don't NEED a MOO bat, we'd like to have one. The DH spot could be plugged by any number of internal options and platoons so hang onto that great young pitching and wait for the earth to move to trade them. Otherwise go into 2013 loaded. God I can't wait.

What's nice for a change is that the Os are pretty much set. I would like to see them bring back Saunders. Anything beyond that is a luxury. We don't NEED a MOO bat, we'd like to have one. The DH spot could be plugged by any number of internal options and platoons so hang onto that great young pitching and wait for the earth to move to trade them. Otherwise go into 2013 loaded. God I can't wait.

This. This. 1,000 times, this.

I'm feeling this new, rejuvenated New Market Sean.

Archived