What is your "oddest" piece of Orioles memorabilia?

notfast

I have a lot of stuff with an O's logo on it, but it's mostly knick-knacky junk. One cool thing I have is Cal's 2131 poster they gave out after streak week. I got it framed a few years ago. Another one of my favorites.

I think the baseball card bubble of the late 80s and early 90s soured me on memorabilia. I had a buddy who's Dad was really into cards as an investment and so he'd get massive amounts of cool stuff for Christmas and birthdays, and my parents (probably wisely) thought the whole thing was crazy. So I gave up trying to compete after a while.

Plus, I always thought the entire autograph scene was a little weird, going up to guys often younger than me (and sometimes paying absurd money) so they can sign something.

I'm pretty happy if I stumble upon a pack of 1987 Donruss for $2 and I get a Pete Stanicek in it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the baseball card bubble of the late 80s and early 90s soured me on memorabilia. I had a buddy who's Dad was really into cards as an investment and so he'd get massive amounts of cool stuff for Christmas and birthdays, and my parents (probably wisely) thought the whole thing was crazy. So I gave up trying to compete after a while.

Plus, I always thought the entire autograph scene was a little weird, going up to guys often younger than me (and sometimes paying absurd money) so they can sign something.

I'm pretty happy if I stumble upon a pack of 1987 Donruss for $2 and I get a Pete Stanicek in it.

My brother went nuts with the Fleer (or Flair, I can't remember) cards the year they had the Cal Ripken Enduring special sets you could earn with your proof-of-purchase UPCs. He bought several boxes of those cards and ended up with about five or six of those Enduring envelopes.

Come to think of it, he also had a Wheaties box where Cal was wearing a blank uniform. Black jersey and cap with white pants. My mom bought three boxes for the three of us at the grocery store across the street from our house, and that just happend to be one of them. I guess they printed a few based on the off chance that Cal could get traded before the 2131 game.

I have my ticket stub from the game on August 22, 2007. Can anyone guess what happened of significance on that date? It definitely was a sign of the times, and I think a pretty fun artifact to have.

Dallas Cowboys 30, Baltimore Orioles 3.

I have two of the lovely orange polyester ushers uniforms from Memorial Stadium, one is just pants and jacket and the second is pant, jacket, tie and plastic mesh hat. I always thought they would make great Halloween costumes, but the full one belonged to a very petite women and I am neither or those things.

When Weaver had his auction a couple years ago, I picked up his 1972 All Star game ring. I can only wear it as a pinkie ring but it works because it has a pinkish rose stone.

I'll admit I might have been a bit messed up when I placed the bid hahahah but I don't regret it!

I still will get an autograph. I guess it could be a little bit weird because all the players and Buck and DD

are younger than me.

Archived