Maryland(15-4) @ Duke(16-2)

Munson

Yes, Turg wanted Faust and I agree that there is some hope for Faust. There were some people here that wanted to give Gary all the credit for Faust awhile back when recruiting was discussed.

Listen, I'm not excusing Turg here. I have issues with the way he has handled some things but I don't think his coaching will be an issue once he gets better players, particularly a PG.

Bottom line is this.....It looks like we are headed for a .500 ish ACC record, 20+ wins, and hoping to be a bubble team. So Turg's 2nd year is no different than a lot of Gary's last 6 or 7 years.

Yep, no issues with any of this.

Amazing what a good PG can too. In watching some of those games from the Dixon/Baxter years, it strikes me how underrated Steve Blake was during his time here. He got his team the best shot possible just about every time down the floor, whether it was in transition or in the half court. Kinda funny that he's probably turned out to be the best pro out of all those guys.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, no issues with any of this.

Amazing what a good PG can too. In watching some of those games from the Dixon/Baxter years, it strikes me how underrated Steve Blake was during his time here. He got his team the best shot possible just about every time down the floor, whether it was in transition or in the half court. Kinda funny that he's probably turned out to be the best pro out of all those guys.

I will certainly admit to being wrong about Blake. I wasn't a fan of his until his junior/senior year and I still thought he would never play in the NBA. Now, I know how good he really was and is as a point guard, especially when we see what it's like without a good one.

Archived