Ongoing lineup thread for 2013

Aglets

I would really like to see Davis rested tonight or at least at DH. Love Buck as much as anyone but we need to rest our starters at least a game or two. No rest for Hardy, Manny, Jones...that could potentially bite us in the arse.

Dude had all week to rest.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Orioles (Urrutia back hitting 8th)

Nate McLouth LF

Manny Machado 3B

Nick Markakis RF

Adam Jones CF

Chris Davis 1B

Matt Wieters C

J.J. Hardy SS

Henry Urrutia DH

Brian Roberts 2B

Scott Feldman RHP

For the Royals

Alex Gordon LF

Eric Hosmer 1B

Billy Butler DH

Salvador Perez C

Lorenzo Cain CF

Mike Moustakas 3B

David Lough RF

Miguel Tejada 2B

Alcides Escobar SS

Wade Davis RHP

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>O's lineup vs. KC: McLouth LF Machado 3B Markakis RF Jones CF Davis 1B Hardy SS Valencia DH Roberts 2B Teagarden C. Hammel RHP</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">July 23, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting to see Teagarden with Hammel.

In 130.33 innings pitched so far this season, Ervin Santana has walked only 26 batters (plus 2 intentional walks.)

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (JULY 24th)

Nate McLouth - LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Nick Markakis - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Matt Wieters - C

J.J. Hardy - SS

Henry Urrutia - DH

Brian Roberts - 2B

Wei-Yin Chen - LHP (5-3, 2.67 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Ervin Santana - RHP (6-6, 3.18 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• So you give up 2 top 100 prospects for 2 seasons and a limited second half? I’m glad you’re not in control. I know we’re currently a bit spoiled with the tanking and better front office. But I don’t see why you’d want to give up 3-4 players that include 2 of those guys. 
    • I’ll be sure to do that, though hopefully he won’t give anyone a reason to jump off. It’s kind of interesting to compare his power to Cowser’s.   Cowser has the type where when he really barrels it up, he absolutely destroys a ball, often 440 feet or more.  But Kjerstad has the type where he can hit homers even when he gets a little under the ball.  You initially don’t think it will carry, and then it clears the fence rather easily.   I don’t see that with Cowser, he has less margin for error.   
    • I don't think Elias will trade Westburg. For me he is the O's starting LF next year.    Mostly because he is easier to change positions than Holliday or Mayo. LF/3B/2B Westburg,   CF/OF Cowser,  RF/DH Kjerstad I think likely targets for Elias are Scherzer or Flaherty.    Either could be a #3 the way they are pitching.   I would see Elias extending Flaherty before he becomes a FA. Both the Rangers and Tigers are likely sellers at the deadline. Elias can probably get either starter without trading Holliday, Basallo, Mayo or Kjerstad. Bradfield, Norby, Stowers, Beavers, Fabian, Hovarth, Pham are among the players I see as most tradable. The thought of trading Monthcastle or Santander at the deadline does not seem likely at all to me.
    • Great step for McDermott but hopefully he can follow this up with a few good starts. Seems like between he, Povich and Johnson we have some real Jeckyl and Hyde guys. One day they are the best pitcher in International League and the next they can’t get through 3 innings.
    • My thinking is very few broadcasters should be in the O's HOF, and only reserved for great broadcasters with long tenures and who were loved by the fans.  Using that criteria, I'd only have Chuck Thompson and Jon Miller in the O's HOF.  I think it cheapens the award to have Manfra and Angel in it.  If those two guys made it, then why not Mel Proctor??  IMO, he was a much better baseball broadcaster than either of them, even though he had a relatively short tenure. As for Thorne, he's a very good broadcaster in general but he made way too many obvious mistakes and didn't know baseball well at all.
    • 17-8 is a good goal.  I’m thinking 15-10 or 16-9 is more likely.
  • Popular Contributors