vs. TWINS, 4/07

OFFNY

It's always like this with these minor-leaguey type guys. Sometimes it feels like they could promote the AAA equipment manager to pitch against the O's and he'd go a complete game and only give up 2 or 3.

Yes and it's a day game against a LHP. Pre-2012, a loss here would've been pretty much a lock.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's only given up one real hit. The other is a misplay "hit". Still, walking the number 9 hitter is inexcusable.

Yeah, that is one of my pet peeves. Roberts might be an exception, but Florimon should be attacked every time. Make him put the ball in play.

He's only given up one real hit. The other is a misplay "hit". Still, walking the number 9 hitter is inexcusable.

While I agree with this, I also feel that top pitchers also don't want to theo meatballs to a number 9 hitter, and let him get a hit. They probably expect to get a number 9 hitter to swing at borderline balls, and get themselves out. I'm hoping Hammel's thinking is simply, he'll either get himself out, or I'll work myself out of it, but I'm NOT throwing him a center cut meatball and giving him a chance at a hit.

Just a thought... cuz number 9 hitters do seem to get walked often, and by great pitchers.

Casilla, Flaherty not much of a second base option, at least not so far. I wish we had made a trade or a signing for a real bat at second base.

I had high hopes for Flaherty (assuming Roberts didn't last, which ummm... yeah). Still early, and he only got to play 2 games.

Archived