Mother's Day vs. the Twins 5/12

weams

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe if Mauer and Morneau petition enough they can get a "homer line" drawn on that wall. If nothing is done, you'll see a lot less lefty sluggers going to Minnesota, that's for sure. Another reason to hate that ridiculous rocket chute that's the new Yankee Stadium. You can hear it calling to every left handed hitter in the majors.

True dat! Skanks are whores. Anything to lure players.

Mike Bordick, the master of hyperbole.

Clearly you've not being paying attention. He's not even the master of hyperbole on his own broadcast team. Dempsey has that one by a country mile. Which is also hyperbole. It's a hyperbole maelstrom!

What's worse: homer Bordick or boring Bordick?

There was a tolerable Bordick at the end of last year. Where did he go?

I guess I like homer Bordick better. I am not sure what happened to the guy from last September.

I guess I like homer Bordick better. I am not sure what happened to the guy from last September.

He probably saw how fast a lot of fans turned on Ripken and said "ooooh, no. Not going to bite the hand that feeds me, if they'll get that vitriolic towards Rip, what can I expect?"

Were you lucky enough to hear any of games with Ben McDonald in the radio booth? I would love if they gave him a shot on TV - he was great, imho.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Perhaps Suarez will be the Orioles version of Ramiro Mendoza. 
    • What about Crochet? White Sox are a bunch of players short of competing. 
    • I guess Mike Elias saying tip of our tongues circa 1615 was kind of a jinx on Povich letting a bunch of runs in circa 1930 yesterday. We'll still see by next week if 30 games in 31 days becomes 5 rotations of 6 straightaway, or tries to stick to 6 rotations of 5 awhile longer.
    • Almost seems like you read my post in the draft section on Wednesday afternoon. ”Fair point.  Stowers, Watson, Ortiz, Trimble, Rhodes, Donta Williams, Haskin, Servideo, Fabian, Wagner, Ardoin,  are all college position players taken in rounds 2-4.   Maybe Stowers and Fabian carve out a part time role as ML players.   We’ve done well at the top of the draft with this demographic but Ortiz is the only college position player after round that looks like starting material.  The two best of this group, Ortiz and Stowers were taken back in 2019.   We haven’t done so well since then.” The 2023 draft will be interesting to follow.  Horvath is a power guy off to a bad start.  They went with more pitching with Baumeister and Lord and went with a bunch of guys who could play CF.”
    • A lot of it hasn't been his fault, but the sand does feel mostly out of the hourglass for Haskin becoming a $2 million draft pool dollar total loss. To be clear, Elias' team's overall success rate has been Stephen Curry levels of brilliant such that it looks fairly likely today the 2023-2030 Orioles will run circles around the other 29 Clubs at position player WAR, so searching for an expensive bust is kind of a humblebrag parlor game.
    • How did he manage to go undrafted with a  5 pitch mix and t97? Not complaining at all but that’s wild
    • I think some starting pitching depth is needed but I don’t think they’ll be going after big names. I see no reason to trade someone like Povich when he could very well be the answer himself. A rotation of Burnes, Rodriguez, Bradish, and a mix between Irvin, Kremer, and Suarez is decent enough to get through the season but that depends a lot on health. Beyond that and it’s getting into dangerous territory. Povich could be useful this year but I’d much rather see him introduced to MLB through the bullpen. Then the drop off is pretty severe. I don’t see McDermott as an option until he can limit the walks, but he is a warm body to throw out there if needed. That’s alright I guess. After that and we’re talking Zimmermann? More like Zimmer-should never start another major league game for the O’s.
  • Popular Contributors