Nick Delmonico and Christian Walker

steve4

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two more HR's for Delmonico today and Walker just keeps on rolling too. Looks like Duq and co. had a pretty good draft last year so far. I can't remember and O's prospect putting up the HR numbers like Delmonico is this year that is actually the right age for his league. Probably Wieters was the last. Hopefully these two guys stay healthy and get a taste of AA eventually this year.

Pretty sure he was drafted in 2011 before Duquette was the GM.

I love him already,

I didn't really love him for this. Pena was thrown out his first at bat for arguing balls and strikes with the umpire. That is a clue that maybe you don't want to show up this upm. This was a big game. Frederick is trying to win the first half and they were playing the team they are two games behind for first place. They just lost two yesterday. They really needed this game. Kind of puts the team in a tough spot when two of the best hitters are thrown out of the game. Esposito played second for a while after Pena was thrown out. He's never played second. After Delmonico was thrown out, Esposito went to third and eventually Winegardner had to go in and play second! I'm sorry. It was an important game, AND the umpire had been calling that outside pitch all day. Swing or sit down. But don't argue with the ump in that spot. Show a little restraint and think about what's best for the team, which is not to have a ex-position player/pitcher come in from the bullpen and play second. They were up 7-2 after 7 but the other team came back to 7-6 in the ninth. It was close, and that defense did not help matters. The team needed Delmonico. Sorry. I'm a Keys fan and listen to every game. I'm not loving him today.

That does sound like a really stupid thing to do. Hopefully, this is a learning experience and it's handled better than the Esposito problem was last season - especially since Delmonico might be a special talent if he respects the game. Walker otoh - what a model of consistency and dependability. He's actually doing better at Frederick than at Delmarva. I assume that if he keeps doin what he's doin, he'll be in Bowie in less than a month.

I didn't really love him for this. Pena was thrown out his first at bat for arguing balls and strikes with the umpire. That is a clue that maybe you don't want to show up this upm. This was a big game. Frederick is trying to win the first half and they were playing the team they are two games behind for first place. They just lost two yesterday. They really needed this game. Kind of puts the team in a tough spot when two of the best hitters are thrown out of the game. Esposito played second for a while after Pena was thrown out. He's never played second. After Delmonico was thrown out, Esposito went to third and eventually Winegardner had to go in and play second! I'm sorry. It was an important game, AND the umpire had been calling that outside pitch all day. Swing or sit down. But don't argue with the ump in that spot. Show a little restraint and think about what's best for the team, which is not to have a ex-position player/pitcher come in from the bullpen and play second. They were up 7-2 after 7 but the other team came back to 7-6 in the ninth. It was close, and that defense did not help matters. The team needed Delmonico. Sorry. I'm a Keys fan and listen to every game. I'm not loving him today.

Understandable from someone that follows and roots for the Keys. Personally...I don't care if the Keys win or lose. I just enjoy when players are willing to call out umpires for being terrible. I especially like the drawing the line in the dirt move, though I think you should probably save that for after you get thrown out.

I completely understand where you're coming from, though. I'd probably be upset if an Oriole did that with a big lead.

I'm just glad he's not hurt. Seeing the ominously indented "Esposito" beneath him in the box score got the words "oblique strain" swirling menacingly around my head.

And yes, I know it was Webb that was beneath him in the box score, but that sentence sounded so much better with Esposito there.

While Delmonico's ejection caught the headlines here, Walker kept rolling. 3-5, 2 dbls and a run scored.

His line is up to .358/.417/.940. He has nearly twice as many doubles in Frederick as he did in nearly the same amount of time he spent in Delmarva. He's batting .400 in his last 10 games with an OPS at 1.042.

Can't see how he doesn't finish the year in Bowie at this rate.

While Delmonico's ejection caught the headlines here, Walker kept rolling. 3-5, 2 dbls and a run scored.

His line is up to .358/.417/.940. He has nearly twice as many doubles in Frederick as he did in nearly the same amount of time he spent in Delmarva. He's batting .400 in his last 10 games with an OPS at 1.042.

Can't see how he doesn't finish the year in Bowie at this rate.

I like the idea of letting a guy get at least 200 AB in one place, but if he keeps hitting like this at FRE, there's no reason he won't get a cup of coffee in BOW.

Archived