vs. BLUE JAYS, 5/23

OFFNY

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Technically, you're right, but when your bullpen allows an average of 4.48 runs per game when the league average is 4.43 (not counting tonight, of course), I'd say that its more accurately described as slightly below average.

Then how is he technically right? Our bullpen is about league average.

tumblr_m9vnjbne6i1rf2g72o1_500.gif

"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

I disappointed that I didn't think of that one - I was even thinking of saving a link to a youtube clip of the "smell of victory" speech earlier today to post next time we actually win - or something happens involving napalm, Robert Duvall, or Martin Sheen.

The Orioles are wasting a great offense and a great defense this season (today's miscues notwithstanding) with their incredible unpreparedness on pitching. And the only injury they had was Wei In Chen (sp).

Then how is he technically right? Our bullpen is about league average.

If you are below average, you can technically be described as one of the worst in the league. My point was that it's at best inaccurate, at least misleading.

If you are below average, you can technically be described as one of the worst in the league. My point was that it's at best inaccurate, at least misleading.

So we are the best of the worst 14 teams in one major statistical category. In other words, we're about league average.

I'm kinda worried about this series. The Jays have an explosive offense and they're hot.

Now this is my first year back watching baseball after many years--so I have no context from years past in this division. Are the Jays really hot? Are are they just mediocre, who beat an inexperienced new pitcher?

Archived