vs. ASTROS, 6/05

OFFNY

Alright, I feel better. Thanks for the reality check, but the bottom line is our SP still sucks and our offense has gone in the deep freeze.

We need Hammel to step up already and we need Chen back and Gausman to be serviceable. If that happens we should be fine.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) Defense for a catcher encompasses far, far more than a good arm.

2) Selling low is rarely the best option.

I understand this, but do you really think we keep wieters after his contract is up? I feel as though he probably is asking for far too much than we are willing to pay. Every team is faced with tough decisions like this. All I am saying is why not try and get something for him while we are in contention rather than wait a couple years.. and who knows where we will be.

We traded for Tillman too.

But he underwent a lot of development with the O's; he had to be remade by Peterson last season (and maybe by Brady too?). I trust Palmer's judgement on this.

Since OFFNY seems to be asleep at the wheel,

Actually, there was a time that I was asleep at the wheel, and F Robby picked it up.

Mike Wright had had several consecutive good starts for AA-Bowie earlier this season, and I hadn't started a thread for him.

OFFNY has been sleeping on the job. No thread on this guy?

Wright had a great outing tonight, 6 IP, 2 H, O R, 1 BB, 8 K 's. over his last four games he's pitched to a 2.35 ERA, lowering his overall ERA to 3.70. I'm starting to pay closer attention.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/132710-Mike-Wright-today-2013

And lets be honest.... Wieters has seemed to get progressively worse offensively each year. There's plenty of catch-and-throw guys that can hit .220 I'd have to guess. Why pay a guy 10+ million for it just because the hype that he has fallen so hilariously short of?

Archived