GAME THREAD: 2013 All-Star Classic

OFFNY

No, but I can assume that there's no team in baseball history like the Yankees.

True, but if there is no Mo, then they Yankees are still at 22 and nothing since before I was born. Think the national media would be all over them then? Remember the modern media era started when NY won 4 out of 5 years. Timing is everything.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look, I'm not saying the guy isn't that good or anything. I get it, he's a great reliever. I just think the outpouring of emotion towards him is just a bit ridiculous and over the top.

I agree. Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson, and Greg Maddux had much more impressive careers and retired recently. Why didn't they get this kind of reaction?

True, but if there is no Mo, then they Yankees are still at 22 and nothing since before I was born. Think the national media would be all over them then? Remember the modern media era started when NY won 4 out of 5 years. Timing is everything.

You can't prove that.

Here's the facts: The best reliever of all time plays for the best franchise of all time in the biggest media market of all time. Do the math.

You can't prove that.

Here's the facts: The best reliever of all time plays for the best franchise of all time in the biggest media market of all time. Do the math.

I agree with you that who and where he plays makes him bigger then life. Same as Jeter. I still think he deserved what he got tonight other then the MVP award.

I agree with you that who and where he plays makes him bigger then life. Same as Jeter. I still think he deserved what he got tonight other then the MVP award.

Yeah, I was ok with the praise until the MVP award. I mean I get it, I just don't agree.

You can't prove that.

Pretty easy to disprove...considering he wasn't even the closer in 1996.

Archived