Carrie Muskat says Cubs and Orioles are still talking.

skiba7

Who cares if he steals a lot of bases?

If he steals at such a poor rate that it hurts his team(as his percentage does), then it doesn't matter how many he steals.

I never said I cared, I was just responding to someone that said he won't steal a lot of bases.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pie has always stolen bases, at every level. He may not have a great %, but he still steals a ton of bases.

If he stayed at that % he likely would be told when to run ...limiting his chances.

His poor % would actually cost his teams runs!.... I've been told by numerous Cubs fans how little Roberts 50 steals would mean. I wonder how they'd posture in this argument!

If he stayed at that % he likely would be told when to run ...limiting his chances.

His poor % would actually cost his teams runs!.... I've been told by numerous Cubs fans how little Roberts 50 steals would mean. I wonder how they'd posture in this argument!

I'm one of those, and I already postured my argument on the last page

I'd be fine if Pie never attempted a steal this season.

His poor success rate speaks for itself, and the gains are just too small.

Even Roberts with his high success rate is only adding a handful of runs per year.

No he's not...He was clearly a top 5-10 pitcher last year and was a top 15-20 guy the year before.

Maybe you meant to qualify this. Bedard was the runaway Cy Young winner until the last month when the Os yanked him b/c of injury. He was the BEST pitcher last year - removing a crappy team who didn't want to screw him or themselves that last month

Maybe you meant to qualify this. Bedard was the runaway Cy Young winner until the last month when the Os yanked him b/c of injury. He was the BEST pitcher last year - removing a crappy team who didn't want to screw him or themselves that last month

He had more injury problems last year?

And, run away CY winner? According to what? Legitimate contender I could see

And he was not the best pitcher last year, that belongs to Jake Peavy without question

not trying to bait cubs fans i just dont like a bedard to cubs trade and i left it at that and also said jones was a better player then pie which i think 99 percent of the people of this board can agree on

habla ingles?

The day that this idea you have is proven we'll talk

Again, there is no proof he wouldn't other than an assumption

So the DH has no effect now? You're right, I'm sure pitching to Roy Oswalt three times a game is the same as facing Ortiz or Giambi, or hell, F Thomas for that matter.

Oh, I missed that comment...

According to VORP, he was 13th in the league last year. In 2006, he was ranked 33rd, behind such notables as Clay Hensley, Brett Myers, Josh Johnson, and Aaron Cook (but only behind the lot of them by a fraction of a point).

Not saying it has no effect, but IMO the effect is much less than people make it out to be.

So facing a guy with an ops of .900 three times vs. facing a guy with an ops of .400 has no effect on scoring runs? Well, in that case why don't we trade you Luis Hernandez for Derek Lee? LH is clearly superior defensively.

BTW, you certainly implied it had no effect. You said it was an assumption. I assume the sun will rise tommorrow; am I wrong about that as well? I guess I should give F Pie a call about that bc accoriding to you it sure as hell sets in his as-.:D

Oh, I missed that comment...

According to VORP, he was 13th in the league last year. In 2006, he was ranked 33rd, behind such notables as Clay Hensley, Brett Myers, Josh Johnson, and Aaron Cook (but only behind the lot of them by a fraction of a point).

VORP is a counting stat #1...And if you want to look at that and say guys like Aaron Cook were better and actually believe it, you should be banned from posting on here.

Not saying it has no effect, but IMO the effect is much less than people make it out to be.

You cant be serious?

What is the Average & SLG of pitchers in the NL the last five years?

Now compare that to Average & SLG of DH's over the same period!

Thats the difference... & I bet is substantial!

Before responding Red do the figures!

So facing a guy with an ops of .900 three times vs. facing a guy with an ops of .400 has no effect on scoring runs? Well, in that case why don't we trade you Luis Hernandez for Derek Lee? LH is clearly superior defensively.

BTW, you certainly implied it had no effect. You said it was an assumption. I assume the sun will rise tommorrow; am I wrong about that as well? I guess I should give F Pie a call about that bc accoriding to you it sure as hell sets in his as-.:D

How many DH's had a .900 OPS last year?

There are as many terrible DH's as there are good ones

Saying it's an assumption says there is no proof to or against it, there are examples of pitchers succeeding and failing in both leagues and swithcing results

Archived