Per Rosenthal: Balfour (FINALLY) to Orioles...

xian4

And I agree with JJ was not a great closer last year. I really fell off the JJ wagon in AZ when he blew 3 saves. Sitting there in person among my friends who are dBacks fans made it all the worse.

I know how you feel. I was at Yankee Stadium when JJ blew that save last year. Oof.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously. Comments like that are obnoxious strawmen that drive me crazy.

Do you know what the fallacy strawman means? We were talking about money and budget constraints. In actuality, we have little. Artificially, Angelos imposes them. Arguing about $1-2 M that probably is annuity based is absurd.

Oh that's awful! Sorry to hear that! At least the weather was nice:)

it was HOT. 109+ which is typical for Phoenix in the summer. We did play at TPC golf course in the morning when it was still cool (in the 90's) and got to enjoy the pool after.

Do you know what the fallacy strawman means? We were talking about money and budget constraints. In actuality, we have little. Artificially, Angelos imposes them. Arguing about $1-2 M that probably is annuity based is absurd.

Who cares if our budgetary restraints are "artificial"? Peter Angelos is something you have to factor into the equation and to act like we should ignore the owner of the team when discussing free agent contracts is ridiculous and not based in reality.

it was HOT. 109+ which is typical for Phoenix in the summer. We did play at TPC golf course in the morning when it was still cool (in the 90's) and got to enjoy the pool after.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. You picked a good place to go, sounds like a blast. Sorry you had to see that series but just a game...if we get Balfour to replace JJ and maybe nab 1 more reliever for competition purposes, I'd be happy there. Just need some SP...

Who cares if our budgetary restraints are "artificial"? Peter Angelos is something you have to factor into the equation and to act like we should ignore the owner of the team when discussing free agent contracts is ridiculous and not based in reality.

It isn't just Angelos though..posters frequently say "no way I go an extra year or to $6m" . Regarding the players we typically sign (not Cano types) it really doesn't matter.

I think people confuse their own personal shopping habits with fielding a winning baseball team. It just sounds silly.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. You picked a good place to go, sounds like a blast. Sorry you had to see that series but just a game...if we get Balfour to replace JJ and maybe nab 1 more reliever for competition purposes, I'd be happy there. Just need some SP...

I'd be happy if the Orioles never visited Phoenix again; been to two series and the Os are a whopping 0-6 vs the dbacks in Az since 2006 (I've been living in Flagstaff AZ since 2006 since moving from Columbia).

Garza, Balfour, and a DH/LF and I would be good with that.

It isn't just Angelos though..posters frequently say "no way I go an extra year or to $6m" . Regarding the players we typically sign (not Cano types) it really doesn't matter.

I think people confuse their own personal shopping habits with fielding a winning baseball team. It just sounds silly.

Personally, if our owner believed in fielding a winning baseball team, we would all be better off. :)

Archived