Per Rosenthal: Balfour (FINALLY) to Orioles...

xian4

Has he ever reported anything (1) first, and (2) accurately?

What a joke...made all the more painful by the fact that he apparently has a secure job in "sports journalism."

I said the same thing about him in the Burnett thread, but after thinking more on it he might be right on that one. A one year deal for Burnett would seem to make sense, but how much crap does Heyman have to throw against the wall before he gets something to stick? Cruz would be a horrible signing.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a little late to the party on this. Just read the link.

How in the world could the O's pass on Either/Kemp and not even kick the tires on Granderson, yet have interest in Cruz? :confused: Really hope this isn't true. He's the oldest of the four, probably the worst defensively of that group and he's coming off a steroid suspension. This team clearly doesn't like big contracts, so I can understand passing on the first 3, but if you're going to pay one of those four guys, he's the last one of the group you should be looking at. lol

I will be sorrowly disappointed in this team if they give up a pick to sign Cruz when they could have just had Eithier/Kemp. That trade would have solved several problems at once: you get rid of the reliever you didn't want to pay/extend, you get an everyday player for the hole in LF and you still have your draft pick.

Instead, in typical O's fashion, we're hearing things like this. I seriously hope this is just more hot stove fluff and nothing comes of it. :angryfire:

All the local beat writers (Ed, Roch, Britt) are all saying we haven't made an offer to Cruz.

I said the same thing about him in the Burnett thread, but after thinking more on it he might be right on that one. A one year deal for Burnett would seem to make sense, but how much crap does Heyman have to throw against the wall before he gets something to stick? Cruz would be a horrible signing.

And really...if the thing he gets to stick is simply saying that a particular deal would "make sense," what's his value? It's almost offensive to me that he's employed as a reporter.

I don't believe we're in on Cruz.

I don't believe we will or should pony up the money for Choo.

Ethier's the guy, but I really doubt we want to trade what the Dodgers want, unless they'd take a package with Britton, Matusz and a prospect not in our top 9.

Who else? No idea.

I wish I had a dollar for every time people on here fall for "we are going to sign _______ big name free agent. I'd be rich! Get ready for 3rd tier, no name, washed up retreads. I hope they prove me wrong, but.....

Welcome to Oriole Fantasyland where all things are possible.........until reality hits. They won't prove you wrong.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette said they will add a closer soon. Also the club has been high on Borbon- nearly claimed him during the season.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">December 12, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If true, forget about Benoit and Balfour. Only other option for closer that I would pursue is Rodney for like 2/9-10. If you can't get one of these three, for the love of God don't flush money down the toilet on arsonists like Axford or Perez.

Rodney wants 10mil per year so 2/10 is getting you halfway there. Keep in mind he had a worse season than JJ. I really hope gausman makes the rotation but he would make an excellent closer, better than the FA closers available even

Archived