Orioles turning attention to Fernando Rodney

oldbird

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be shocked.

Are there any FA Catchers left?

Bit late in the season.

I could see us going with a stop-gap like John Buck, Kelly Shoppach or Yorvit Torreabla. One of these guys + Monell?

I'm not saying it would be pretty...and it would definitely be dependent on what the return on Wieters would be.

EDIT: After thinking about this a little more...it probably WOULD shock me. It's too late in the offseason (I think) for a Wieters trade.

I could see us going with a stop-gap like John Buck, Kelly Shoppach or Yorvit Torreabla. One of these guys + Monell?

I'm not saying it would be pretty...and it would definitely be dependent on what the return on Wieters would be.

EDIT: After thinking about this a little more...it probably WOULD shock me. It's too late in the offseason (I think) for a Wieters trade.

I think a Wieters trade if it does occur, would happen after the ASG, and depend on two things, Boras contract renegotiation efforts and how the team was doing.

Wait until we are stuck with another Gerionimo Gil. It's a shame Weiters will have to be gone for us to appreciate him.

His bat is somewhat of a disappointment, but I just have a calm when he's behind the dish. You're OUT at 2B and all is right with the world. :)

Wait until we are stuck with another Gerionimo Gil. It's a shame Weiters will have to be gone for us to appreciate him.

I really should rephrase my original statement. I've never been impressed with his offense. His defense is second to none. I hope he can improve offensively this year. He's very much a Markakis type player, always hoping for a break out year.

His bat is somewhat of a disappointment, but I just have a calm when he's behind the dish. You're OUT at 2B and all is right with the world. :)

The bat is not as good as we hoped but it's still light years better than the Brook Fordyce's of the world we've been seeing over the years. I also blame Buck for batting him so high in the order.

Archived