Orioles turning attention to Fernando Rodney

oldbird

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know Roy hates Fernando passionately:) but I would love to have him, his stuff is filthy. For the discounted rate, you could even pick someone else up as insurance.
I'm with you. I hope they sign Rodney. He can shoot as many arrows as he wants as long as he is not blowing saves.

36 years old. Last year: 4.9 BB/9. 82.2% save conversion rate. 0.5 WAR.

Wants 2/$16-20 million.

Huh?

#donotwant

36 years old. Last year: 4.9 BB/9. 82.2% save conversion rate. 0.5 WAR.

Wants 2/$16-20 million.

Huh?

#donotwant

Let me guess, you want to save the $ and invest in Tech stocks? In-house options is my guess. No thanks, I want a proven commodity. If that doesn't work, then you go with plan b. Competing teams don't roll the dice with their closers.

Terribly inconsistent pitcher who one day looks like Craig Kimbrel and the other 3 looks like Kevin Gregg.

I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't be more than 2-months into the season before we started referring to him as Captain Chaos and making derogatory remarks about his hat and stupid bow & arrow routine while demanding Showalter bench him in favor of O'Day or Hunter.

It's a fair assumption to think that Buck wants and has probably stated to DD that he likes the idea of having an established closer, right? But DD isn't going to give Rodney 70 or 80% of what he wouldn't spend on JJ (per year), or even 2 years and more money, right?

Spend the remaining marbles Petey hasn't asked back for yet on some real, honest-to-goodness, difference-making, starting pitching like Garza and be done with it.

This team can compete with in-house closers, but 2013 should be a glaring example of why standing pat at starter again is just asking for trouble.

It's a fair assumption to think that Buck wants and has probably stated to DD that he likes the idea of having an established closer, right? But DD isn't going to give Rodney 70 or 80% of what he wouldn't spend on JJ (per year), or even 2 years and more money, right?

Spend the remaining marbles Petey hasn't asked back for yet on some real, honest-to-goodness, difference-making, starting pitching like Garza and be done with it.

This team can compete with in-house closers, but 2013 should be a glaring example of why standing pat at starter again is just asking for trouble.

Well said. I agree with that (again, in theory that if we save money on X, we get Y, which we know not to be true). You should post more often....

Garza is exactly who I would sign, along with J Santana.

At this point, I'd probably just re-sign K-Rod and let Buck decide who he wants to use for the job in ST. Maybe also sign a guy that'll be ready later in the year like Bailey or Hanrahan as insurance policies.

What is the deal with Crain?

Archived