Crawford Talks

camdenyards8

Heard on ESPN Radio that O's are looking at both Huff and Crawford from the D-Rays. Sounds like an offer could be made to Huff soon to platoon with Millar at 1B. Also discussed a possible Fiorentino, Ray, and Gibbons for Carl Crawford trade....who knows the reality of it, I personally think that's way too much to give up for Crawford. He's a great player though and I would love to see him in an O's uniform next season. Just wanted to throw it out there.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heard on ESPN Radio that O's are looking at both Huff and Crawford from the D-Rays. Sounds like an offer could be made to Huff soon to platoon with Millar at 1B. Also discussed a possible Fiorentino, Ray, and Gibbons for Carl Crawford trade....who knows the reality of it, I personally think that's way too much to give up for Crawford. He's a great player though and I would love to see him in an O's uniform next season. Just wanted to throw it out there.

Way too much?

Are you serious? I'll personally drive all of them to airport.

If they got Crawford for that, they'd be locked up for larceny.

Too much? I would also throw in Penn just to get it done.

Way too much?

Are you serious? I'll personally drive all of them to airport.

If your Driving then I'll carry the bags.

I think there would be tons of help to go round here on the board, to ship them out of Baltimore For Crawford.

And I would rather explore this Shelton rumor, then make a run for Huff.

I really like the idea of getting Crawford but I'd like to get him without giving up Ray.

Than your not getting Crawford... picking up the team options on years 2009 and 2010, he's owed $27.5m over the next 4 years. There will be plenty of suitors out their if he's going to be traded, and the DRays want pitching, young pitching.

I see what you're saying....I just think you could package Ray into an even better trade possibility than Crawford. Ray is the wild card in that deal and I don't want to see that guy come back and haunt us. Is/Should he be untouchable? No, but I would be careful.

Yes, these things matter. It's painful enough to have BJ Ryan shut us down every time the Blue Jays need to seal a win.

On the other hand, it's always fun to knock Mussina out of a game. But then there's a grudge against the Moose that I'm sure none of us feel against Ray.

I see what you're saying....I just think you could package Ray into an even better trade possibility than Crawford. Ray is the wild card in that deal and I don't want to see that guy come back and haunt us. Is/Should he be untouchable? No, but I would be careful.

Ray won't hurt us as long as the O's win their majority of games vs. Tampa. A closer can't hurt you if the you have the lead in the 9th. Crawford would contribute to more Oriole wins then Ray would, both offensively and defensively. Hoey could be the next Ray with time. Baez can close for the time being.

Archived