Crawford Talks

camdenyards8

Could the original poster provide some insight into who on ESPN radio made these comments? ESPN radio seems to be cited about as often as MLBtraderumors.com, and with similar accuracy usually.

As has been said, if this was out there and could happen it would have already happened. And as has been said, ask yourself this question...

If the Rays put Crawford out there for 29 other teams, do you think this package is the best they would get? The Rays might trade Crawford, but if they do it is because they are overwhelmed, not because they got this package.

I can't wait until August when someone is slamming the front office for not making this trade, saying they remember clearly that it was out there to be had.

This is by far the best part of this post.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FWIW, from a Chicago newspaper this morning...

"Ideally, the White Sox would have replaced Podsednik with Carl Crawford, but the asking price for the Tampa Devil Rays star is reportedly two front-line players and a top pitching prospect."

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/whitesox.asp?id=255725

So maybe TB would fire back with Gibbons, Patterson and Ray??? And would you do that?

One way to think about this is who is more valuable Tejada or Crawford? Then think of the offers that others on this board have rejected out of hand for Tejada. Because given the balance of contract, age, and position, these two players are pretty comparable.

I would deal Ray, Penn and Gibbons in heartbeat for Crawford. My guess is they'd want Ray, Loewen/Cabrera and Gibbons. That'd be pretty tough to do.

No Way!! They can either have one of Ray, Loewen, or Cabrera but not two. Now way.

No Way!! They can either have one of Ray, Loewen, or Cabrera but not two. Now way.

Which is why the deal doesn't happen, and shouldn't. Ray and Loewen/Cabrera is too much to give up for someone who (millionth time I'll say this) doesn't fit our lineup needs.

Which is why the deal doesn't happen, and shouldn't. Ray and Loewen/Cabrera is too much to give up for someone who (millionth time I'll say this) doesn't fit our lineup needs.

If we were to make a deal involving Loewen or Cabrera the only people that should be accepted in return are Teixeira or Vernon Wells.

If we were to make a deal involving Loewen or Cabrera the only people that should be accepted in return are Teixeira or Vernon Wells.

Crawford is younger than Teixeira and Wells and has more tools. He is definately on their level if not one above...

Archived