Crawford Talks

camdenyards8

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The good thing is that we'd have other potential options (potential being key) - Scott Williamson (depending on how he does in Spring Training) or possibly James Hoey (if not right at the beginning of the year then by July perhaps). I think Arthur Rhodes was NOT offered arbitration by the Phillies so we could sign him if we really wanted another option.

Rhodes has never been able to close.:002_ssleepy:

Heard on ESPN Radio that O's are looking at both Huff and Crawford from the D-Rays.
If they're looking for Huff from the DRays, they're looking in the wrong place. He was traded to Houston in July. It reminds me of the winter meeting story of years back when supposedly Thrift inquired of Toronto about Shawn Green, only to find out he had been dealt to L.A. two years earlier.

Holy crap, another Crawford thread.

Sigh...

For all the statheads out there, I'd like to see what the stats are for all the speculated trades/signings we actually HEAR about (not make up when we play fantasy GM) and the ones that actually happen.

In other words, no chance of this happening.

The initial rumor came from ESPN Radio not a speculative OH Poster.

The Orioles would have pulled the trigger on this if true, right?? I know they like Ray but come on, you can't say no to this, can you?

I can't imagine the O's would turn it down either - it really wouldn't make sense.

"Ideally, the White Sox would have replaced Podsednik with Carl Crawford, but the asking price for the Tampa Devil Rays star is reportedly two front-line players and a top pitching prospect."

If that is what they are asking for then they are doing the same thing we at the OH are accused of, overvaluing a player. While Crawford is a wonderful player, I don't think he is at a 3 for 1 trade level yet. 1 front line player, 1 front line pitcher/reliever and 1 fairly highly rated prospect should do it. If not, then we should walk away. Gibbons, Fio, and Ray may not be enough but Gibbons, Ray, and Liz/Olson hopefully would. DCab, Loewen, Erbe, and Cakes should be off the table.

Could the original poster provide some insight into who on ESPN radio made these comments? ESPN radio seems to be cited about as often as MLBtraderumors.com, and with similar accuracy usually.

As has been said, if this was out there and could happen it would have already happened. And as has been said, ask yourself this question...

If the Rays put Crawford out there for 29 other teams, do you think this package is the best they would get? The Rays might trade Crawford, but if they do it is because they are overwhelmed, not because they got this package.

I can't wait until August when someone is slamming the front office for not making this trade, saying they remember clearly that it was out there to be had.

Could the original poster provide some insight into who on ESPN radio made these comments? ESPN radio seems to be cited about as often as MLBtraderumors.com, and with similar accuracy usually.

As has been said, if this was out there and could happen it would have already happened. And as has been said, ask yourself this question...

If the Rays put Crawford out there for 29 other teams, do you think this package is the best they would get? The Rays might trade Crawford, but if they do it is because they are overwhelmed, not because they got this package.

I can't wait until August when someone is slamming the front office for not making this trade, saying they remember clearly that it was out there to be had.

Oh lord, there was a BIG argument on that a few threads ago. I can't remember who was involved, but it came down to a few people kidding themselves that we'd have the most attractive package to offer and the rest of us planted firmly in reality ;)

Archived