Yanks get Tanaka 7y/$155M

isestrex

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are going to have to score 80-100 more runs to accomplish that.

With the moves they made that will be easy. McCann is gonna be a beast playing in Yankee Stadium.

Are some of you guys suggesting that the Yankees aren't a better team in 2014. Sure they are old, but they were killed by injuries last year and fielded nothing at 1B and SS for most of the year. I don't know if they are better than the O's on paper, but they are better and will eat some wins against us. Teams like KC, Sea, Minn, Oak, and Tex are all better and will eat some wins against us. I'm concerned it will be non-AL East teams sneaking in to snatch the wild card spots since their path is easier. This miserable offseason has not bolstered my feeling that we are a solid playoff contender, but I suppose there is always a shot.

People the Yanks fielded a AAA team last year and finished with 85 wins.

Gardner Ellsbury Beltran 2014 >>>>> Gardner Suzuki Soriano 2013

McCann 2014 >>>>>>> Cervelli

Jeter 2014 >>>>> Ryan

Tex for a full year

You forgot Granderson for their outfield. Cervelli played less then a quarter of a season and Ryan was in Seattle until September. You can't pick and choose players that played a game at some point of the season and say look these guys now are better then guys that played sparingly for the Yanks last season. Tex is comming off major wrist injuries yet your already saying a full year of his production.

While I get upset at us not spending money' date=' I have to remind myself that other teams do it on a smaller budget. It is not ideal, but you can win with a smaller payroll. Now it is up to DD and Buck to do it.[/quote']

The goal should be to win a World Series. No small payroll team has won it in a long time.

While I get upset at us not spending money' date=' I have to remind myself that other teams do it on a smaller budget. It is not ideal, but you can win with a smaller payroll. Now it is up to DD and Buck to do it.[/quote']

No one is expecting the O's to spend like the big boys. Hard to come up with a rational explanation for why payroll should decrease tho.

People the Yanks fielded a AAA team last year and finished with 85 wins.

Gardner Ellsbury Beltran 2014 >>>>> Gardner Suzuki Soriano 2013

McCann 2014 >>>>>>> Cervelli

Jeter 2014 >>>>> Ryan

Tex for a full year

Roberts >>> Cano? They added guys but they lost their best player as well.

With the moves they made that will be easy. McCann is gonna be a beast playing in Yankee Stadium.

You say that with an awful lot of certainty. McCann missed 60 games last year and has had two not-so-great years in a row. Sure, he has hit 20 homers six years in a row, but he is also injury prone and was pretty bad just a year ago. I don't know if that would lead me to believe that he will be a beast anywhere.

People get criticized for drinking the Orioles kool-aid, but you seem to be drinking the Yankees kool-aid. Sure, they may be better in 2014 than they were in 2013, but I don't think that is a foregone conclusion, and I certainly would not be comfortable projecting them to make a significant leap.

You say that with an awful lot of certainty. McCann missed 60 games last year and has had two not-so-great years in a row. Sure, he has hit 20 homers six years in a row, but he is also injury prone and was pretty bad just a year ago. I don't know if that would lead me to believe that he will be a beast anywhere.

People get criticized for drinking the Orioles kool-aid, but you seem to be drinking the Yankees kool-aid. Sure, they may be better in 2014 than they were in 2013, but I don't think that is a foregone conclusion, and I certainly would not be comfortable projecting them to make a significant leap.

Not drinking the Yankee kool-aid at all. The 2014 Yankee team on paper is ten times better then 2013.

The goal should be to win a World Series. No small payroll team has won it in a long time.

The Giants won in in 09 with a payroll of 95 million the exact same as we had last year. The Cardinals won in in 10 with 105 million. So you can win it with 100 million payroll if you have the right guys.

Archived