Do you think Schoop will be traded?

weams

If you read what I first wrote you will find this.. I've never been high on Flaherty and see him as a Utility guy only. He can fill in at 3 or 4 position in the infield if need be. But he's not an every day player.

So I don't disagree with him be a UIF. Just don't see him as an every day player.

I also prefer RF as a super-utility guy, but he does have mid 700s upside. Would you rather start Schoop or have gone after a FA?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone thinks we have an over-abundance of talent at 2nd base, I'd suggest asking a knowledgable fan of another team what he/she thinks of the O's talent at 2nd.

Unfortunately for the O's, quality is much more important than quantity. If/when Schoop shows he's ready, he'll play in Baltimore.

I also prefer RF as a super-utility guy, but he does have mid 700s upside. Would you rather start Schoop or have gone after a FA?

We also have the super-utility guy with Weeks and DeJesus, if either makes the roster.

Just having nightmares that the 2nd base will be a torn in the side, a repeat of last year.

I prefer to see what Flash can do as an everyday player, before I say he isn't one. I also prefer to see Schoop in AAA getting some more seasoning. If Flash can't cut it after a reasonable amount of time, bring up Schoop. providing he is doing well in Norfolk. Flash can always be a good UT.

I'd rather start Schoop as soon as possible. Schoop has the same upside and more then Flaherty.

I was hoping Schoop would be ready early this season but his injury last season pushed him back. I don't think his talent level is such that you can just throw him into the majors like they did Manny.

I'd rather start Schoop as soon as possible. Schoop has the same upside and more then Flaherty.

With only 14 at bats in the big leagues, I doubt he plays well enough in ST to earn the starting job, and there is a good chance, instead of riding the pine, he finds himself in AAA, starting every day, and then maybe called up after the ASG.

I was hoping Schoop would be ready early this season but his injury last season pushed him back. I don't think his talent level is such that you can just throw him into the majors like they did Manny.

I thought Manny had just come up for a peek in August that season, and he played himself in the starting job and a spot on the roster?

I disagree with your assessment of Ryan. A lot of projections have him doing much more than you are willing to consider.

You can disagree and that's fine. We'll see in May or June if you are cursing his name and calling for Schoop to be playing.

But Stream and Oliver projections agree with me.

His injury was a temporary one which lasted several weeks. It's not like he missed a whole season. He was tearing the ball before the injury and suffered statistically a few weeks after the injury but found his groove again. This is no different the a player coming of the DL with talent.

Put Schoop in AAA til June or July.. I have no problem with it. In fact I stated at the start, I'd give Schoop a month or two at Norfolk if he's not ready out of ST. But he should be playing 2nd base for us this year. He's a solid option and does have chance to be a star for the O's in the future. But he can't do worse then Flaherty did last year imho.

With only 14 at bats in the big leagues, I doubt he plays well enough in ST to earn the starting job, and there is a good chance, instead of riding the pine, he finds himself in AAA, starting every day, and then maybe called up after the ASG.

And that's something I've said already. I expect him up in June after Flaherty gives us another Mendoza Line April, May and June.

His injury was a temporary one which lasted several weeks. It's not like he missed a whole season. He was tearing the ball before the injury and suffered statistically a few weeks after the injury but found his groove again. This is no different the a player coming of the DL with talent.

Put Schoop in AAA til June or July.. I have no problem with it. In fact I stated at the start, I'd give Schoop a month or two at Norfolk if he's not ready out of ST. But he should be playing 2nd base for us this year. He's a solid option and does have chance to be a star for the O's in the future. But he can't do worse then Flaherty did last year imho.

He had a stress fracture in his back. He only played 70 of 144 games in Norfolk last season.

His season was most assuredly impacted by the injury.

And that's something I've said already. I expect him up in June after Flaherty gives us another Mendoza Line April, May and June.

I am still in the camp that think Flash has upside, yes, he has shown an ability to stink and an ability to hit, depending on how you cherry pick the small sample size.

It's isn't unreasonable to think that he puts it all together and becomes a .270-285 hitter.

Mendoza line? Not a chance imo. The guy had worked himself out of his slump last year when he was sat down for a guy that had contributed basically nothing for the last 3 and a half seasons. What a horrible, horrible decision that was.

RF is closer to the player we saw before being sat down than the one we saw at the beginning of the year and is definitely capable of being an everyday player imo. Having said that, this is the year he needs to show that.

Archived