Still in contact with Morales...

Bazooka Jones

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We may be in on Morales after the June draft. Who knows what our injury situation will be by then? Right now Cruz is our CF. :rolleyestf:

I would rather just stay with what we have. Let no one sign Drew and Morales and let Boras lose them as clients. Then Wieters and Chris Davis can realize Boras is not in their best interest.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Tigers&src=hash">#Tigers</a> SS Jose Iglesias is likely to miss most of the season, according to <a href="https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm">@JimBowdenESPNxm</a>. Seems like Stephen Drew could end up there.</p>— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) <a href="

">March 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'd rather a Cruz/Lough LF platoon. Cruz has not disappointed me yet on the field. If one of them get hurt and Nolan is still not performing then I'll take Morales. If not then screw Boras. He could.more than likely be the downfall of our future.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Tigers&src=hash">#Tigers</a> SS Jose Iglesias is likely to miss most of the season, according to <a href="https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm">@JimBowdenESPNxm</a>. Seems like Stephen Drew could end up there.</p>— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) <a href="
">March 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I thought the Tigers traded Fielder to save money. Signing Drew won't be cheap.

I thought the Tigers traded Fielder to save money. Signing Drew won't be cheap.

I think the long term structure was more problematic with Fielder. Sounds like Drew may be willing to take a one year deal similar to E. Santana. Maybe that is more workable for the Tigers.

I think the long term structure was more problematic with Fielder. Sounds like Drew may be willing to take a one year deal similar to E. Santana. Maybe that is more workable for the Tigers.

Not so sure about that. I realize a Boras statement requires a grain of salt but he says this in a MLBTrade Rumors bit:

Boras feels that the qualifying offer system has "basically prevented them from free agency," opining that the system has instead placed both players "in jail." He offers criticism both of the system and of those who feel that his clients simply made a poor decision by not accepting a qualifying offer. Says Boras:

"Everybody talks about these players turning down these (one-year) qualifying offers like they're village idiots. The reason is, they don't want to be in the same position again next year. If I'm a good player, I'm going to take the prospect of free agency. If I'm one of these players, I'm not on the train to free agency -- I'm on the ferris wheel of multiple qualifying offers. It is circular. There is no escape hatch to the system."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/pagetwo.html

It says earlier in the article that neither Drew nor Morales has any intention of taking a one year offer at this point.

Not so sure about that. I realize a Boras statement requires a grain of salt but he says this in a MLBTrade Rumors bit:

Boras feels that the qualifying offer system has "basically prevented them from free agency," opining that the system has instead placed both players "in jail." He offers criticism both of the system and of those who feel that his clients simply made a poor decision by not accepting a qualifying offer. Says Boras:

"Everybody talks about these players turning down these (one-year) qualifying offers like they're village idiots. The reason is, they don't want to be in the same position again next year. If I'm a good player, I'm going to take the prospect of free agency. If I'm one of these players, I'm not on the train to free agency -- I'm on the ferris wheel of multiple qualifying offers. It is circular. There is no escape hatch to the system."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/pagetwo.html

It says earlier in the article that neither Drew nor Morales has any intention of taking a one year offer at this point.

Well it is looking like the Tigers will once again save Boras in regards to one of these guys.

Hardy and Norris plus? for Smyly.

Tillman

Jiminez

Smyly

Chen

Gonzalez

Start the year with Flaherty at 3B, Gonzalez at SS, and Schoop at 2B. When Manny comes back, he comes back at SS.

Tigers fill their SS gap for a year and don't give up a draft pick for Drew.

Tillman

Jiminez

Smyly

Chen

Gonzalez

Start the year with Flaherty at 3B, Gonzalez at SS, and Schoop at 2B. When Manny comes back, he comes back at SS.

Right, Manny can't even run right now, but he's coming back switching to a more range demanding position.

Tillman

Jiminez

Smyly

Chen

Gonzalez

Huh? Why? Huh?? Why are we making our team worse? Any improvement you get from Smyly (assuming you get much) is cancelled out by the loss of Hardy.

Hardy/Machado/Flaherty (or Schoop)/Norris is more valuable than Machado/Flaherty/Schoop/Smyly and is definitely more valuable than Gonzalez/Flaherty/Schoop/Smyly

Archived