Rosenthal via source: Burnett did, indeed, prefer the NL...

Il BuonO

I was going to ask which honda dealership you visited to get a fully loaded Honda for $22k (but then I read that was 15 years ago).

Yeah, I hold on to my cars for a long time. Truth is, I've been married 26 years and in all that time that Honda is the only car I ever bought for my own use. But I've bought four new cars for my wife and driven her hand-me-downs. Now that my kids are almost grown and the carpool days are over, I've got my wife's old minivan (2007), the kids have my old Accord (1999) and she has a 2011 Hybrid Civic.

As you can see, I'm kind of the Dan Duquette of car purchasers.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I hold on to my cars for a long time. Truth is, I've been married 26 years and in all that time that Honda is the only car I ever bought for my own use. But I've bought four new cars for my wife and driven her hand-me-downs. Now that my kids are almost grown and the carpool days are over, I've got my wife's old minivan (2007), the kids have my old Accord (1999) and she has a 2011 Hybrid Civic.

As you can see, I'm kind of the Dan Duquette of car purchasers.

Bought my car brand new shipped in 2000. One blown engine ago and still love it. Doesn't even have 100k yet. :)

Bought my car brand new shipped in 2000. One blown engine ago and still love it. Doesn't even have 100k yet. :)

Not even 100K and you had a blown engine. Ouch.

My kids used to drive my hand me downs, which was my wife's hand me downs to me.

LOL. Now my kids are all driving better cars than me. :)

My kids used to drive my hand me downs, which was my wife's hand me downs to me.

Kids always want the "it" car, or the hottest car around. As parents, you just dont want the damn"it" car that leaves you stranded on a winter night with a foot of snow.

1st engine was never right. Blew up like a NASCAR race. Oil all over the track. :P Second one is tight. 45 k miles now.

• 2 weeks later...

And you can bet that DD keeps talking to Burnett's agent.

Pittsburgh Post Gazette:

Having not yet decided to retire, Burnett would need to prepare himself to report to spring training, somewhere, in less than a month. That should not be a problem for Burnett, a notorious early morning workout devotee who learned from two-time Cy Young Award-winner Roy Halladay in Toronto.

?With A.J. and the previous two years, he?s got a program,? Searage said. ?From all indications, from the rumor mill, he?s staying close to it.?

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pirates/2014/01/20/Burnett-standstill-creates-ripple-effect-for-Pirates/stories/201401200037#ixzz2qw4uW0Lm

I think if he pitches, it will be for us. He has certainly not given Pittsburgh any reason for optimism that he will continue to pitch for them, which probably rules them out.

I disagree. If he returns it will be for the Pirates.

I disagree. If he returns it will be for the Pirates.

This is where I am as well. IF he returns it will be in Pittsburgh. Orioles fans hoping for Burnett are just fooling ourselves. There has been absolutely ZERO indication from Burnett that he is even considering us, unless I missed something somewhere?

I think if he pitches, it will be for us. He has certainly not given Pittsburgh any reason for optimism that he will continue to pitch for them, which probably rules them out.

What really makes you think he wants to pitch for the O's? He

could stay with the Pirates. I have not read anything about

him leaning to Baltimore or staying where he is.

Archived