Heyman: Cruz and O's agree on deal (1 - $8M)

SoBo

If you believe the "window of opportunity" concept with the current Orioles, the signing of Jiminez and Cruz and the loss of the draft picks is totally acceptable. And as you noted, the Orioles have expanded their international signings to compensate. IMO, these are definitely win/win moves by the Orioles.

Thanks for your post about my late cat on Wednesday. Much appreciated.

Patrick

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still find it disingenuous to only count $750k for Yoon. $675k signing bonus brings him to $1.425 million for this year. The signing bonus is pretty clearly just an advance on the first year salary. He is set to make $1.75MM in 2015, and $2.4MM in 2016.

It's just an accounting practice. So yeah. I am with you.

So do you think we are done making moves now? For some reason I feel we might still get Morales.

I don't think we'd still be in on Morales at this point. I don't think they want to play Cruz in LF unless it is an emergency.

However, maybe Santana isn't out of the question after all? I mean, I still can't imagine it, but if they are going to push themselves clear past 100 million, IMHO, Santana would be the way to go.

I think we are done but I'd like to be wrong.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>. <a href="https://twitter.com/snedjd">@snedjd</a> Last time I'm going to say it, the Orioles are not interested in getting Santana. Please read what i wrote yesterday.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">February 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>. <a href="https://twitter.com/snedjd">@snedjd</a> Last time I'm going to say it, the Orioles are not interested in getting Santana. Please read what i wrote yesterday.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="
">February 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Its kinda tough to believe her when the more reliable national journalists have been saying we are in on Santana.

Archived