Heyman: Cruz and O's agree on deal (1 - $8M)

SoBo

Morales is amuch better fit for what the offense needs than Cruz. I hope this is just blowing smoke to get Morales to come down on his contract demands.

What I don't understand is why Cruz or Morales would accept a low-ball deal. Their market value will be much higher once the June draft is over. Why not wait it out, keep in shape, and sign a nice 3.5 year deal after the draft?

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette walked through press room. Me: "Got anything for us? My fingers are on the home row." Duquette (smiling): "Still working on it."</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">February 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks to DD's recent wheelin' and dealin' - we can now repurpose the wretched joke "Print the Playoff Tickets" - only now it shall be delivered with absolute sincerity.

Getting a potential ace for the going rate of a #4 starter and a 30HR threat for what may be a small bag of marbles - the man is showing his skills. Risks be damned!

Saving all those coupons has really paid off big for him.

COUPONS_110728.gif

Morales is amuch better fit for what the offense needs than Cruz. I hope this is just blowing smoke to get Morales to come down on his contract demands.

What I don't understand is why Cruz or Morales would accept a low-ball deal. Their market value will be much higher once the June draft is over. Why not wait it out, keep in shape, and sign a nice 3.5 year deal after the draft?

IMO thats risky. I think they both want to be in camp. I am sure Boras will drag this out for Morales assuring him that he will get paid.

Because it really wouldn't be. These were both guys who should have played for 14.1 this year. They both have severe flaws which keep them from having the value of a 15 million a year player.

Archived