Heyman: Cruz and O's agree on deal (1 - $8M)

SoBo

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that is the roid penalty. And probably the third year is a sticking point. But Peralta got huge money. I just don't understand.

What's not to understand? The O's would have traded them Hardy, but the return was large. There weren't a lot of guys on the market, so they jumped on Jhonny. I bet they regret the deal now, but they didn't want to get stuck with Peralty and Drew (still available) off the market, so they paid the piper.

They're great at drafting and developing. Maybe the Cards aren't so good at poker.

I wouldn't expect the FO to worry much about any one player's feelings. I just don't view Nick as likely to be a replacement level player in 2014 and I didn't like you slapping that label on him based on one bad year. But you know how I feel about Nick, and I know you are much more detached in your feelings about players. All I will add is that I'm optimistic that the O's will be very interested in keeping Nick in the fold based on what he does in 2014. But that remains to be seen, of course.

Yea, a little bit.

You should know by now Frobby, I will use terms like that to enhance whatever point it is I am saying atm, it is not like I am not being factual.

There is no way that a team gives up it's second round pick to Nelson for one year. It's gotta be two. Gotta.

I hope it's 1 year with options and opt out structure in such a way as to maximize chance to get a comp pick back at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep seeing post like this, can one of you guys explain why you are against the potential signing??

If its about money / years?? -- it's already been stated the deal would be a bargain type deal.

Is it about LF ?? -- He's only going to DH

Is it about the PEDs ?? -- See 2013 stats

I just don't get it...

Apparently they loved last years DH situation and wanted more of it.

Kind of off topic but...

I wonder how many people that are bothered by PED users are sitting around "waiting" for more facts and information on the Ray Rice situation.

It has always seemed to me that people have a higher tolerance for off the field transgressions than on the field ones, no matter what the severity.

Kind of off topic but...

I wonder how many people that are bothered by PED users are sitting around "waiting" for more facts and information on the Ray Rice situation.

It has always seemed to me that people have a higher tolerance for off the field transgressions than on the field ones, no matter what the severity.

I love how much differently they react when it is a player for their team as opposed to random team opposed to a division rival.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Can confirm <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS">@JonHeymanCBS</a> report that Nelson Cruz & Orioles are close. Sides have been talking mainly about 1-year deal, sources said.</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

">February 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hate the 1 year

Archived