Spring Home Opener v. Toronto 3-1

scOtt

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I think baseball's food concessions are largely an overpriced rip-off. The hot dog served at OPCY is the highest priced hot dog in the majors..In Miami you can get a hot dog at the park for 3 dollars.The entire price for attending a sporting event with a good seat is getting out of hand, and so is ALL entertainment.If you want a really good seat to see a top act you might have to take out a loan. Disneyland and Disney World are getting so expensive, that a middle class family of four simply is priced out of access.But back to baseball concessions. I dont eat meat, but I wouldn't buy a 9 dollar hot dog anywhere , let alone OPCY. I bring my food with me. It's the last line of affordability we're going to have in attending a ball game. Concession prices are unfair, but at least you can eat before the game...or  bring your own water and peanuts. Otherwise it's a shame...and it's wrong.
    • I don't know what got into him. I wonder if he made an adjustment or someone helped "fix" something..
    • I'd rather a thread by Roy saying that we should cut him now. The reverse jinx works both ways, so I think this thread is a biiiiiig mistake. That said, he was so good this series. Love that for him. On a broader point, this org does something right that's beyond the talent in the room. I assume it's advance scouting our opponents and preparation, but we're a step above. 
    • It does tend to have the lowest (out the door) prices but buyer beware a bit. We used them for Opening Day and it was a bit of a debacle (the first private seller never delivered, then they got us a second “preferred seller” that also never delivered, and then FINALLY came through with a third “preferred seller” that came through, albeit it took more than a few minutes). Dealing with all of this, while waiting on hold, and missing the start of Opening Day festivities definitely sucked and made for a stressful situation.  But, yesterday, for just me, for a matinee game in which the out the door price was $9 and I was already going to be arriving midway through the 1st inning, it worked great. So it might just depend on your situation, but like I said, buyer beware.
    • Crowded?   How about the at bats would be almost nonexistent with Holliday at 2B and Westburg at 3B.
    • Webb has been great since coming over, and he wasn't awful before. It's hard to believe the Angels waived him, but their loss is our gain.
  • Popular Contributors