How many wins will the closer role cost the Orioles?

Barnaby Graves

You really going to keep digging that hole? You, we all know, exactly why and what you meant by this thread.

We do? Do we think it was reactionary or do we think it's a worthy topic with a well-reasoned OP?

Personally, I take greater issue with people who marginalize good conversations with cop-out put downs. If people don't like this thread, I suggest they get out. The OH is a big place. Plenty of threads to discuss.

FWIW, Mark, I have no idea where you stand because I purposefully didn't read above to find out. My answer is a general reply.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's the best closer option we have, and a closer isn't valuable enough to spend 7 million on in free agency. He'll be fine, its not like he'll blown 10 or more saves.

Imagine what the reaction here would have been if he had blown the save. The lack of confidence in Hunter here is ridiculous, imo. I would rather have him as the closer than Johnson. He's perfectly capable - as long as he's not over-used.

Having a closer allows a manager to define roles for the entire bullpen. Hard to argue that professional athletes perform better when they know what is expected of them. If you close one night, setup the next outing and then come in with the bases loaded nobody out in the 5th inning the next outing, what is your role? Now, if you do that with the entire bullpen, nobody knows what is expected of them. I won't say it can't work but I would not want our pen run like that.

Saving two pitchers to pitch the ninth is also tough to do as it would tend to overwork the rest of the pen. Not only that, but the other team is allowed to pinch hit...

I'm in favor of giving Hunter a chance. I suspect, even if he fails, he'll be at least as good as Jim Johnson was last year. I would not be against a lefty/righty closer platoon if Buck can figure out how to do this without losing a lot of games in the 6th through 8th.

We do? Do we think it was reactionary or do we think it's a worthy topic with a well-reasoned OP?

Personally, I take greater issue with people who marginalize good conversations with cop-out put downs. If people don't like this thread, I suggest they get out. The OH is a big place. Plenty of threads to discuss.

FWIW, Mark, I have no idea where you stand because I purposefully didn't read above to find out. My answer is a general reply.

I don't believe in making judgements based on one game, one inning, one at bat. This thread is about Hunter not having a 1-2-3 inning yesterday. It's sad that some of you have to micro manage everything, over analysis everything. Schoop gets a hit, he should be our 2nd baseman all season and is a future HOFer. Hunter allows two baserunners he can't get LH out and shouldn't be the closer. Tillman only goes 5 and throws 100 pitches when will he ever learn to conserve pitches and go deeper into games. It's exhausting!!

And to answer your question. I think it's an over reaction based on one game, one inning, in the first game of the season. Discussing whether he can be a closer based on what he did last year, or yesterday is worthless. There are no answers. The answers will only come over time and only Hunter can answer those questions with his performance.

After rewatching the ninth inning, I am going to both agree and disagree. It appeared to me that Tommy had three separate pitches that clocked at 90+, and they all moved differently. He had a 4 seamer that touched 99 but was straight. He had a 2 seamer that tailed arm side, similar to Johnson, that touched 95. And he had a cutter that ran glove side in on lefties that was around 93.

The issue was the times and way he used them. First of all, there should never be a straight fastball down the middle of the plate to anybody, especially Pedroia. Second, he was experimenting in the top of the zone again, which we have seen lead to trouble.

That being said, if he is controlling which pitch with which movement he throws, I don't see why he couldn't be successful. But he might be smart to scrap the straight fastball altogether. He seemed to favor the 2 seamer to lefties, which I didn't quite understand. The cutter would saw off hitters more where the 2 seamer could run up the barrel.

I am very much conflicted on Hunter. He showed some good things, but didn't answer the questions we had. I think that he got pretty lucky with Ortiz and Bradley, and if you leave pitches up in the zone in the 9th -- especially straight ones -- it's a recipe for disaster.

I think his 99+ straight fastball has it's place. And that place is up and out of the strike zone. It's a swing and miss pitch or a pitch to setup a breaking ball.

It should be thrown for a strike versus an overmatched slap hitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a closer allows a manager to define roles for the entire bullpen. Hard to argue that professional athletes perform better when they know what is expected of them. If you close one night, setup the next outing and then come in with the bases loaded nobody out in the 5th inning the next outing, what is your role? Now, if you do that with the entire bullpen, nobody knows what is expected of them. I won't say it can't work but I would not want our pen run like that.

Guys get used like that all the time. Especially LOOGYs but also guys like Darren O'Day.

Saving two pitchers to pitch the ninth is also tough to do as it would tend to overwork the rest of the pen. Not only that, but the other team is allowed to pinch hit...

I think that's why it makes sense not to be saving them at all. Why would you save your theoretical best reliever for the 9th when you might lose the game in the 7th?

I'm in favor of giving Hunter a chance. I suspect, even if he fails, he'll be at least as good as Jim Johnson was last year. I would not be against a lefty/righty closer platoon if Buck can figure out how to do this without losing a lot of games in the 6th through 8th.

I just think he's being set up to fail, or at least perform worse than he could and be less useful than he was last year. He's a fine pitcher but lefties against him hit very well. This is where the closer role is a big detriment.

Do you think it's easier to kick a fg in the 1st quarter then it is with 2 seconds left to win the game. Or to make a free throw in the 1st half or with 3 seconds left in OT? The 9th inning is the last chance to win or lose a game. It's why it's viewed different. It's why fans blame the closer for losing a game when he gives up a run or two, yet the starter gave up 5.

Under all circumstances it is better to have a closer with 99 in his hand.

I was encouraged by Hunter's outing yesterday in many respects.

He is not going to hit many batters and the Middlebrooks at bat seemed to be a combination of being overhyped and trying too hard against a guy he has had some struggles against in the past. Pedroia is Pedroia. I have got to imagine one of the tougher parts of being a closer is that the margin of error can be so small that you find yourself in trouble right away without making any huge mistakes. I was impressed by the way he handled that particular adversity in his first game as closer. In between the two at bats that ended with the batter reaching base, Hunter handled Nava relatively easily and induced weak contact on a fastball. Ortiz is one of the tougher on-paper match ups for Hunter (and Ortiz has hit him well historically) but Hunter managed to get ahead and then get him out, despite throwing "only" a 93 MPH fourseamer on the out pitch. He was great against Bradley in getting ahead, trying to get him to chase, then coming back into the zone when he missed a couple of times. The only batter he feel behind of that inning was Nava. He went 0-2 on the final 3 batters of the game. I like seeing that from the closer.

Hunter is going to blow some leads. He is going to blow some leads because of his struggles versus LHP. I still think at the end of the day he has a very good shot of being an average or above average closer as it relates to the thread topic ("costing the Orioles wins"). Today was just one game so I don't put a ton of stock into it, but it certainly did nothing to make me think differently.

He also struck out Pedroia but the first base ump was apparently checking out the girls and not watching the hitter to see he went around.

I don't believe in making judgements based on one game, one inning, one at bat. This thread is about Hunter not having a 1-2-3 inning yesterday. It's sad that some of you have to micro manage everything, over analysis everything. Schoop gets a hit, he should be our 2nd baseman all season and is a future HOFer. Hunter allows two baserunners he can't get LH out and shouldn't be the closer. Tillman only goes 5 and throws 100 pitches when will he ever learn to conserve pitches and go deeper into games. It's exhausting!!

And to answer your question. I think it's an over reaction based on one game, one inning, in the first game of the season. Discussing whether he can be a closer based on what he did last year, or yesterday is worthless. There are no answers. The answers will only come over time and only Hunter can answer those questions with his performance.

The OP is specifically inviting arguments in favor of having Hunter as closer. He's inviting a discussion, not simply ranting about a bad inning. In fact, he specifically discounts the bad inning in his second sentence and makes his case for why Hunter is a bad choice in his third sentence.

Tommy Hunter is a fine reliever and an important asset to this team. And this isn't a reactionary thread as any given reliever can have a scary inning in a one-run game in the ninth.

I'm just stating the obvious that it is a particularly poor idea to take a guy who is demonstrably better versus righties than versus lefties and have him pitch to everybody based on a pretty arbitrary and unimportant stat. And I am looking for some kind of justification as to why this is not stupid.

If you support the closer role, or support Hunter as a closer, explain to me why picking him as a closer makes this a better team. Or makes the team win more games.

If I absolutely had to pick a closer I would think a reliever with splits closer to neutral makes more sense. And maybe Buck will surprise me. Maybe we'll have a game where there's a save situation and there's two or three tough lefties coming up, and he has Matusz or Britton try to handle them. But I don't feel too confident that will happen. I saw plenty of #SaveRule last year.

This is a blind spot for Buck and it's one he shares with a lot of other managers. What would Weaver do? I can't speak to that because I didn't watch much of him but I think if you presented this case to him he would think making Hunter the closer is a dumb idea. You could just show him the splits and he would agree it's a stupid idea. Even if you HAD to have a guy for save situations it would make far more sense to turn it into a platoon, although it's still pretty dumb... now you're saving two of your best relievers for less important situations. What a godawful stat the save is.

I invite thoughts because I have seen several people say we need a closer, I saw tons of teeth-gnashing over losing Johnson. And I don't get it. And if Jim Johnson was the Orioles best reliever than I think the best way to use him would be to have him pitch in the toughest situations with the lead immediately on the line. A guy getting a participation trophy for getting three outs before the other team scores three runs in an inning shouldn't make anyone say wow.

Also, "because that's how everyone else does it" is a dumb argument.

It seems to me that the OP is inviting a conversation about two things:

1. Why Hunter specifically?

2. Why any closer, more generally?

In other words, a broader conversation about how to use our bullpen.

The OP is specifically inviting arguments in favor of having Hunter as closer. He's inviting a discussion, not simply ranting about a bad inning. In fact, he specifically discounts the bad inning in his second sentence and makes his case for why Hunter is a bad choice in his third sentence.

It seems to me that the OP is inviting a conversation about two things:

1. Why Hunter specifically?

2. Why any closer, more generally?

In other words, a broader conversation about how to use our bullpen.

:hearts:

I think that's why it makes sense not to be saving them at all. Why would you save your theoretical best reliever for the 9th when you might lose the game in the 7th?

Do you have evidence that high leverage outs in the 7th inning are more or less hard than saving a game in the 9th?

Personally, I like a bullpen with structure, and one that doesn't always rely on 1-2 guys to get all of the high-leverage outs. In other words, isn't there value in letting guys like Meek go through high leverage situations in earlier innings, and, aren't the outs to save a game inherently different than the outs an hour before a game ends?

I guess I'm looking for support that says the 9th is just as easy as the 7th, all other things being equal. I'm not sure I believe that.

Darren O'Day's splits last season

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=br&url=%2Fplayers%2Fsplit.cgi%3Fid%3Dodayda01%26year%3D2013%26t%3Dp&div=div_plato"></script><style type="text/css">.sr_widget table { border-collapse: collapse; font-size: 1em;}.sr_widget table td { padding-right: 1em;}/* The basic stats table. */.sr_widget .stats_table { border-collapse: collapse; border: #747678 solid 1px; font-size: .875em; margin-bottom: 1em; /* assorted other things */ /* For tables inside a stats_table */}.sr_widget .stats_table th, .sr_widget .stats_table td { border-width: 1px; border-color: #aaaaaa; padding: 3px; vertical-align: inherit;}.sr_widget .stats_table th *, .sr_widget .stats_table td * { vertical-align: inherit;}.sr_widget .stats_table th { background-color: #dadcde; border-style: solid;}.sr_widget .stats_table td { border-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap!important;}.sr_widget .stats_table td.wrap { white-space: normal;}.sr_widget .stats_table td.double_border { border-left: 4px solid #747678;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr:last-child > td, .sr_widget .stats_table th { border-bottom: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr:first-child > td, .sr_widget .stats_table th { border-top: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr { vertical-align: top;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr td:first-child, .sr_widget .stats_table tr th:first-child { border-left: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr td:last-child, .sr_widget .stats_table tr th:last-child { border-right: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr.vmiddle { vertical-align: baseline;}.sr_widget .stats_table .normal_text { font-size: 1em!important; /* 12 px */}.sr_widget .stats_table .normal_text th, .sr_widget .stats_table .normal_text td { padding: 4px!important;}.sr_widget .stats_table table td { border: 0!important; padding: 2px!important;}.sr_widget .stats_table form { margin: 0; padding: 0;}.sr_widget .stats_table select, .sr_widget .stats_table input { font-size: .8175em!important;}.sr_widget .sortable .sort_col { background-color: #ffffaa; border: solid 2px #747678;}.sr_widget .blank_table { background-color: #dadcde; height: 0; padding: 0;}.sr_widget .partial_table, .sr_widget .partial_table a { color: #414345; text-decoration: none;}.sr_widget .stat_average, .sr_widget .stat_total { background-color: #dadcde; font-weight: 700;}</style>[TABLE=class: sortable stats_table]

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>[TR]

[TH=class: tooltip sort_default_asc, align: left]Split[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]G[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]PA[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]AB[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]R[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]H[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]2B[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]3B[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]HR[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]SB[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]CS[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]BB[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]SO[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center]SO/BB[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center]BA[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center]OBP[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center]SLG[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center]OPS[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]TB[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]GDP[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]HBP[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]SH[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]SF[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]IBB[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]ROE[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center]BAbip[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]tOPS+[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]sOPS+[/TH]

[/TR]

</thead><tbody>[TR]

[TD]vs RHB[/TD]

[TD=align: right]67[/TD]

[TD=align: right]155[/TD]

[TD=align: right]143[/TD]

[TD=align: right]12[/TD]

[TD=align: right]22[/TD]

[TD=align: right]4[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0[/TD]

[TD=align: right]2[/TD]

[TD=align: right]8[/TD]

[TD=align: right]41[/TD]

[TD=align: right]5.13[/TD]

[TD=align: right].154[/TD]

[TD=align: right].219[/TD]

[TD=align: right].224[/TD]

[TD=align: right].443[/TD]

[TD=align: right]32[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1[/TD]

[TD=align: right].200[/TD]

[TD=align: right]45[/TD]

[TD=align: right]27[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]vs LHB[/TD]

[TD=align: right]54[/TD]

[TD=align: right]92[/TD]

[TD=align: right]81[/TD]

[TD=align: right]14[/TD]

[TD=align: right]25[/TD]

[TD=align: right]5[/TD]

[TD=align: right]7[/TD]

[TD=align: right]18[/TD]

[TD=align: right]2.57[/TD]

[TD=align: right].309[/TD]

[TD=align: right].367[/TD]

[TD=align: right].556[/TD]

[TD=align: right].922[/TD]

[TD=align: right].339[/TD]

[TD=align: right]196[/TD]

[TD=align: right]153[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]vs RHB as RHP[/TD]

[TD=align: right]67[/TD]

[TD=align: right]155[/TD]

[TD=align: right]143[/TD]

[TD=align: right]22[/TD]

[TD=align: right]41[/TD]

[TD=align: right]5.13[/TD]

[TD=align: right].154[/TD]

[TD=align: right].219[/TD]

[TD=align: right].224[/TD]

[TD=align: right].443[/TD]

[TD=align: right]32[/TD]

[TD=align: right].200[/TD]

[TD=align: right]30[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]vs LHB as RHP[/TD]

[TD=align: right]54[/TD]

[TD=align: right]92[/TD]

[TD=align: right]14[/TD]

[TD=align: right]25[/TD]

[TD=align: right]7[/TD]

[TD=align: right]2.57[/TD]

[TD=align: right].309[/TD]

[TD=align: right].367[/TD]

[TD=align: right].556[/TD]

[TD=align: right].922[/TD]

[TD=align: right].339[/TD]

[TD=align: right]196[/TD]

[TD=align: right]146[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Data courtesy Baseball-Reference.com.

Career splits

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=br&url=%2Fplayers%2Fsplit.cgi%3Fid%3Dodayda01%26year%3DCareer%26t%3Dp&div=div_plato"></script><style type="text/css">.sr_widget table { border-collapse: collapse; font-size: 1em;}.sr_widget table td { padding-right: 1em;}/* The basic stats table. */.sr_widget .stats_table { border-collapse: collapse; border: #747678 solid 1px; font-size: .875em; margin-bottom: 1em; /* assorted other things */ /* For tables inside a stats_table */}.sr_widget .stats_table th, .sr_widget .stats_table td { border-width: 1px; border-color: #aaaaaa; padding: 3px; vertical-align: inherit;}.sr_widget .stats_table th *, .sr_widget .stats_table td * { vertical-align: inherit;}.sr_widget .stats_table th { background-color: #dadcde; border-style: solid;}.sr_widget .stats_table td { border-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap!important;}.sr_widget .stats_table td.wrap { white-space: normal;}.sr_widget .stats_table td.double_border { border-left: 4px solid #747678;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr:last-child > td, .sr_widget .stats_table th { border-bottom: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr:first-child > td, .sr_widget .stats_table th { border-top: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr { vertical-align: top;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr td:first-child, .sr_widget .stats_table tr th:first-child { border-left: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr td:last-child, .sr_widget .stats_table tr th:last-child { border-right: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr.vmiddle { vertical-align: baseline;}.sr_widget .stats_table .normal_text { font-size: 1em!important; /* 12 px */}.sr_widget .stats_table .normal_text th, .sr_widget .stats_table .normal_text td { padding: 4px!important;}.sr_widget .stats_table table td { border: 0!important; padding: 2px!important;}.sr_widget .stats_table form { margin: 0; padding: 0;}.sr_widget .stats_table select, .sr_widget .stats_table input { font-size: .8175em!important;}.sr_widget .sortable .sort_col { background-color: #ffffaa; border: solid 2px #747678;}.sr_widget .blank_table { background-color: #dadcde; height: 0; padding: 0;}.sr_widget .partial_table, .sr_widget .partial_table a { color: #414345; text-decoration: none;}.sr_widget .stat_average, .sr_widget .stat_total { background-color: #dadcde; font-weight: 700;}</style>[TABLE=class: sortable stats_table]

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>[TR]

[TH=class: tooltip sort_default_asc, align: center]I

[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip sort_default_asc, align: left]Split[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]G[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]PA[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]AB[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]R[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]H[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]2B[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]3B[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]HR[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]SB[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]CS[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]BB[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]SO[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center]SO/BB[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center]BA[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center]OBP[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center]SLG[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center]OPS[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]TB[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]GDP[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]HBP[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]SH[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]SF[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]IBB[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]ROE[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center]BAbip[/TH]

[TH=class: tooltip, align: center]tOPS+[/TH]

[/TR]

</thead><tbody>[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=class: tooltip]vs RHB[/TD]

[TD=align: right]314[/TD]

[TD=align: right]795[/TD]

[TD=align: right]713[/TD]

[TD=align: right]72[/TD]

[TD=align: right]142[/TD]

[TD=align: right]51[/TD]

[TD=align: right]187[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3.67[/TD]

[TD=align: right].199[/TD]

[TD=align: right].269[/TD]

[TD=align: right].290[/TD]

[TD=align: right].559[/TD]

[TD=align: right]207[/TD]

[TD=align: right]19[/TD]

[TD=align: right]6[/TD]

[TD=align: right]9[/TD]

[TD=align: right].250[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=class: tooltip]vs LHB[/TD]

[TD=align: right]243[/TD]

[TD=align: right]456[/TD]

[TD=align: right]416[/TD]

[TD=align: right]55[/TD]

[TD=align: right]104[/TD]

[TD=align: right]89[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3.30[/TD]

[TD=align: right].301[/TD]

[TD=align: right].433[/TD]

[TD=align: right].734[/TD]

[TD=align: right]180[/TD]

[TD=align: right].275[/TD]

[TD=align: right]134[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=class: tooltip]vs RHB as RHP[/TD]

[TD=align: right]314[/TD]

[TD=align: right]795[/TD]

[TD=align: right]713[/TD]

[TD=align: right]72[/TD]

[TD=align: right]142[/TD]

[TD=align: right]51[/TD]

[TD=align: right]187[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3.67[/TD]

[TD=align: right].199[/TD]

[TD=align: right].269[/TD]

[TD=align: right].290[/TD]

[TD=align: right].559[/TD]

[TD=align: right]207[/TD]

[TD=align: right]9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=class: tooltip]vs LHB as RHP[/TD]

[TD=align: right]243[/TD]

[TD=align: right]456[/TD]

[TD=align: right]416[/TD]

[TD=align: right]55[/TD]

[TD=align: right]104[/TD]

[TD=align: right]89[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3.30[/TD]

[TD=align: right].301[/TD]

[TD=align: right].433[/TD]

[TD=align: right].734[/TD]

[TD=align: right]180[/TD]

[TD=align: right].275[/TD]

[TD=align: right]134[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Data courtesy Baseball-Reference.com.

I'm pretty sure you copied the 2013 splits twice, and omitted the career splits.

Archived