2014 Chris Tillman Today

Il BuonO

Can't on a DP. Can't assume a DP. :noidea:

And to all you haters... Flash has been rock solid in the field this year, wherever he has played, especially filling in at SS for Hardy. You all should be GLAD to have him, instead of posting [crap] hater BS about how he's worthless! Get. A. Clue.

sc0tt, thanks for the new redhead. I was beginning to get a little bored-slash-worried after the 3rd day of Carol Burnett.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Tillman has his work cut out for him tonight.

He's facing the Blue Jays IN CANADA, and the Orioles are needing a win to ease the pain of yesterday's loss, where a 3-0 lead for the Orioles turned into a 9-3 rout for the Blue Jays.

TORONTO BLUE JAYS O (APRIL 23rd)

Jose Reyes - SS

Melky Cabrera - LF

Jose Bautista - RF

Edwin Encarnacion - DH

Juan Francisco - 1B

Dioner Navarro - C

Colby Rasmus - CF

Brett Lawrie - 3B

Ryan Goins - 2B

Dustin McGowan - RHP (1-3, 4.85 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

CHRIS TILLMAN O (vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/23)

IP:. 5.67

H:o 9 (3 Home Runs, 1 Double, 5 Singles)

R:O 7

BB: 2 *

SO: 7

Pitches: 92 (63 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2014 ERA: 3.38

* Tillman also had 1 Hit Batsman.

PITCHES BY INNINGS

15 (10 Strikes, 51 Balls)

33 (20 Strikes, 13 Balls)

13 (91 Strikes, 41 Balls)

11 (91 Strikes, 21 Balls)

91 (81 Strikes, 11 Balls)

11 (71 Strikes, 41 Balls) **

** Tillman recorded 2 outs before departing in the 6th inning.

Cant be good every time out. The O picked him up tonight.

He also saved himself until the 6th. To come back like that after throwing 35 pitches in one inning was quite astounding. I mean he's done stuff like that before, but tonight was a pretty extreme case even for Tillman.

After watching his interview you see the difference from a guy like him and Arrietta. He basically said i stunk and the Offense backed me up where Arrietta would have said he was so close and you could see it in the other innings.

After watching his interview you see the difference from a guy like him and Arrietta. He basically said i stunk and the Offense backed me up where Arrietta would have said he was so close and you could see it in the other innings.

Yeah, said the O's scoring after the bad inning really pumped him up.

I don't miss Arrieta one bit. My wife does...a little bit. But that's about it. :)

o

After only giving up 2 earned runs in his first 3 starts (21.33 innings), Chris Tillman has given up 10 earned runs in his last 2 starts (10.67 innings.)

Hence, his E.R.A. for his first 3 starts was 0.84, while his E.R.A for his last 2 starts has been 8.43.

ALSO ........

In his first 3 starts, Tillman only gave out 3 free passes (all walks) in 21.33 innings pitched, for an average of 1 free pass every 7.11 innings.

In his last 2 starts, Tillman has given out 7 free passes (6 walks and a hit batsman) in 10.67 innings pitched, for an average of 1 free pass every 1.52 innings.

PITTSBURGH PIRATES O (MAY 1st) O[Game Two]

Travis Snider - RF

Ike Davis - DH

Andrew McCutchen - CF

Pedro Alvarez - 3B

Gaby Sanchez - 1B

Neil Walker - 2B

Starling Marte - LF

Clint Barmes - SS

Chris Stewart - C

Brandon Cumpton - RHP (0-1, 2.57 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Holy moly. What's up with Tilly? This is going to be his third straight short start barring a miracle tonight. Right when we anointed him a true ace he falls off. I know people will say this is reactionary but this is lining up to be his third straight rough outing.

Tillman had his streak of 27 consecutive starts of going at least 5 or more innings snapped (dating back to May of 2013.)

CHRIS TILLMAN O (vs. PIRATES, 5/01) O[GAME TWO]

IP:. 4.67

H:o 6 (1 Triple, 2 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:O 3

BB: 3

SO: 8

Pitches: 112 (71 Strikes, 41 Balls)

2014 ERA: 3.68

PITCHES BY INNINGS

49 (28 Strikes, 21 Balls)

14 (81 Strikes, 61 Balls)

23 (15 Strikes, 81 Balls)

81 (71 Strikes, 11 Balls)

18 (13 Strikes, 51 Balls) *

* Tillman recorded 2 outs before departing in the 5th inning.

Archived